by Yori Yesterday at 2:02 am

» In the Den of the Beast: Fenrir vs Bulma Busujima
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:09 pm

» Rina Ninoita vs Blue Thunder Mask - Colour Clash
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:59 pm

» The Defiant Darkness tries to get an Underling
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:22 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 152 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 152 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Topic: Wrestling?

+20
Vcom7418
Mystery Dragon
M.J.Caboose14
Old_Man_Tai
acuyra
kerflubble
Alexandra
Serpon
BootsForSpooks
BritBrat
Yori
St.Ambs
SleeperAgent94
LtLukas
Link-mon
LARIATO
FlameofHope
killcarrion
SimplyMoon
Lobo
24 posters

Page 7 of 74 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40 ... 74  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 7 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Mystery Dragon Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 am

Smarks hate Corbin? He seems to be well liked by them, in fact they pretty much love everyone in that main event.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:33 am

Mystery Dragon wrote:Smarks hate Corbin? He seems to be well liked by them, in fact they pretty much love everyone in that main event.

While he's not without his supporters, there is a larger, or at least, more vocal, group that despises him because, to put it bluntly, he didn't come from the indys or Japan. The feeling is that, since he's a Home Grown WWE Talent, he automatically is a failure and doesn't know how to work, because WWE is bad and terrible and only Indy/Japan stars know how to work.

You would think the fact that Dolph Ziggler is also a WWE Home Grown Talent and is usually beloved by Smarks would be a good counterpoint, but apparently not, as people are already pissed that Corbin won the MITB over Nakamura and Owens and Styles and Zayn, even though NONE of them actually NEED the briefcase to elevate them or would gain as much from it as Corbin would.

Truth be told though, Ziggler isn't really safe from Smarks either, as sometimes they love him and bash WWE for not making him a the top guy, while others are tired of him for basically just being an HBK wannabe, being generally terrible on the mic, and for having attitude issues and blaming all his issues in WWE on HHH and WWE, not his own failings.

But too be fair to Ziggler, the largest, or at least, most vocal, group of Smarks tend to be so goddamn fickle. For years they cried "Miz is terrible, fire him now!" then suddenly Miz cuts a great promo on talking smack and it becomes "The Miz is amazing! Make him world champ! Give him a push! We love him!" and then he dropped the belt to Ambrose and from that point on it was "We hate The Miz, he sucks! fire him now!" and has been since.

(Personally, I'm a fan of the Miz, I think that while his WWE title run came too early, he's improved, year after year, and is great at what he does. He generally has really solid matches, and has had great matches, his character work is the best in the company, and for people still saying he's a reality show star with no passion, I call bullshit. Dudes been wrestling in WWE for 13 years now, since 2004. Keep in mind that Nakamura and Zayn started in 2002, so he's only 2 years behind them in wrestling career length, and only 4 years behind Kevin Owens, and has been doing this every bit as long as Dolph Ziggler has. Dudes got passion and talent, you'd have to be either blind or just a generic hater of all things WWE to not see it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:52 pm

I think that Baron Corbin can be a solid upper midcarder, easily hold the midcard or tag team belt for extended periods of time with some strays into the ME too.
If WWE would really find their balls they could make him my most favorite heel type, the powerhouse no nonsense heel wrestler everyone is actually afraid to wrestle. Not because he never loses or holds the belt forever, but because faces know that it will in any case cost them a lot of effort to wrestle and overcome him, never knowing if he will not be back someday with a vengeance. The heel other chickenshit heels run to when they need a tag team partner that can save their sorry asses from a face beatdown if they owe him a favor then. He can have an adorable valet who he really cares for, and at every Extreme Rules event, he destroys another wrestler who dared to look at her the wrong way.

For examples of this type, I am thinking of Jaws from James Bond who finds love in the movie Moonraker, or the Marvel Sabretooth/Blink team that showed that even a guy like Victor Creed has redeeming qualities.

Dolph Ziggler could have been the new HBK but sad enough, WWE only managed to make the new Mr. Ass out of him(Fameasser, hello!). A guy you can take serious, but if not, also ok. I honestly don´t know if he could have really reached Michaels talentwise, but the chance was there. Who has seen the Rockers in the early days maybe agrees with me that it was far from settled who would be the Janetty out of the Rockers.
Tyler Breeze is Billy Gunn in the Beautiful People, and WWE does what they can to make him into a comedy segment with another midcard guy. I have no problem with comedy wrestling, but this over the top crossdresser thing is just ridiculous.

The Miz in his early days was horrible, nothing you can say would dissuade me from that opinion. He was the weaker link in a team with a guy who many wrestling fans later on thought of as fancy gymnast or glorified stuntman(not me, I like Morrison and the Starship Pain). There was not much discussion who was the Janetty of that team. Of course people gladly overlooked that they both were multiple tag team champions, and I think Morrison would have been a seriously good WHC at any point in his later career.
The Miz massively improved in all directions and should be a serious contender for every belt right now.
The Miz can easily main event any B-PPV or any other of the big 4, but he has no business to be in the main event of WM, that is something that should be reserved for one of a kind guys.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm

One of Dolph Zigglers biggest issues has always been that he's been trying too damn hard with being the next Shawn Michaels, something that's always rubbed Vince and HHH the wrong way. That and the fact that his promos suck 90 percent of the time doesn't help. Dude needs a character other than just "HBK light, plus begging for title shots"

Corbin actually stands out on Smackdown, because they don't have anyone in the main event scene really like him right now, not with his particular attitude or style. Smackdown has like 8 guys that can all bounce around from the upper mid card to the main event, so Corbin will bounce around and learn from his betters for a while and some point by years end probably end up defeating whoever defeats Jinder Mahal for the belt to become champion.

While Morrison is certainly a flashier wrestler with more impressive moves than The Miz, I honestly think Miz is frankly the better wrestler, especially when it comes to consistency, selling, and character work. Morrison may excel in matches where he can be flippy and wild and crazy (which is why LU suits him so), but in more regular matches he suffers. His work also, ESPECIALLY during his time in WWE, tended to always be sloppy, and it actually got sloppier as time went on, (seriously, dude rarely actually hit Starship Pain with more than just his damn wrist), in contrast, Miz's work, as time went on, really tightened up and got neater, and I honestly think that, while his booking hasn't been great, he's been one of the best mid carders and "lower main event" stars WWE's had since roughly 2013-2014

Morrison also had this thing in WWE where, when it came to PPV's, he was ON, but on house shows and TV matches and stuff, he could not give a single shit about anything he did. Dude was lazy as fuck EXCEPT on PPV.

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:13 am

YES

Spoiler:

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 am

I basically agree, the Miz is probably right now the better wrestler when it comes to basic wrestling and the fucks given for non PPV work. But honestly, who would have been the competition for Morrison for the WHC then? Mainly Mr. Ass reloaded, Lobsterhead and the not as glacial as today Blandy Borton if you want to use the terms mean people use to describe these guys. Christian was WHC, but never really had a chance to be a main eventer then. Edge and CM Punk of course, but they were mostly parked there when the WWE championship was either still to big for them or when it was too crowded at RAW for them.

I can´t stress enough how much I hated the reigns of Sheamus back then. It was Cena all over again.

Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:41 am

So, thoughts from Raw:

"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!" YAYYYYYY! Love it. Ambulance match should be fun as fuck. "But Tai, Strowman will just get buried!" ...losing a match, IF he loses, is not getting buried, my fictional strawman!

I love the Goldust and R-Truth Promos the last few weeks. I feel like both of them have honestly done the best promo work on the show recently. Just hope their match next week delivers, they deserve a good one.

Speaking of promos, holy shit Seth Rollins. Tonights promo from him was fucking TERRIBLE. Cheesy and corny as all fuck, way too much 80's babyface, much like Zigglers bullshit "do everything I can to entertain you when in a 3 on 1 situation" promo a couple years back. But too be fair, that's just Rollins. Rollins promos have pretty much always sucked, with a few exceptions. Always the same old sayings, always too much yelling for no reason, and just no eloquence when he speaks.

As for Bray...I used to be CAPTIVATED when he spoke. Seriously, look up his "Miss Teacher Lady" promo from 2014, oh my god, it draws you in and never lets you go. Now, I don't fucking care anymore about anything he says. Yeah, yeah, you're a god, now go job to Apollo Crews.

Why the fuck was Bo Dallas allowed to get that much offense in on Finn Balor? Seriously, in what universe is Jobber Bo Dallas on anywhere near the same ranking as main eventer Finn Balor? Weird choice, should have been a squash.

Hardy's have yet to eat a pinfall since returning. If this is how they are pushed with a stale nostalgia gimmick, just imagine how heavy they'll be pushed once they are allowed to be Broken. I'm curious how having The Hardys, Broken or Otherwise, beat every tag team on Raw over and over will do anything to elevate the tag division, especially with so few teams left.

Cass turning on Enzo...I hate to say it, but I have mixed feelings. On the positive side, wow, that was actually a pretty good promo by Big Cass tonight, and Enzo's reactions, damn. Dude started fucking crying, even Cass seemed choked up a bit. It was good, and I hope the best for both guys going forward.

Now the negative...for starters, there goes what was once your most popular team. They really did get screwed over by the Hardy's return, since they were originally supposed to win the tag titles at Mania and go on a long run with them, and at this point last year they were one of the single hottest acts in the company. Then the Hardy's came back, WWE had NOTHING for these two to do and are now breaking them up.

On top of that, its unclear if these two have the chops to really stand on their own and make something of themselves. Big Cass could be a good heel, but he's on a roster that has Joe, Braun, Bray, Lesnar, The Miz, and you could argue Cesaro and Sheamus as its main heels, so that's kind of a lot for Big Cass to find room in the mix with, ya know?

Personally, I think Enzo should drop 2 pounds and join 205 Live.

"But Tai! Enzo can't work nearly as well as the CW's can!"

Sh! Quiet Straw-Man! You are a fool!

Yes, Enzo lacks the much ballyhooed "workrate" that many of the CW's have...but Enzo actually, you know, gets a REACTION. Maybe it's been lessened lately, but Enzo was, and is still capable of, getting massive pops with every promo he did, where as any crusierweight not named Neville or Aries (and thats kind of a stretch on Aries), struggle to get ANY reaction.

I know we live in a wrestling world where people care more about moves and things like promos and characters and gimmicks are being scoffed at and considered dumb and every smark bows down to the almighty Workrate (which I've found basically means "do a bunch of cool moves as fast as possible)

But if anything, the CW's should prove you need more than just cool moves to connect with the crowd. Add Enzo to 205 live, and let's see if he can't get the crowd to start reacting to things a bit. Maybe it won't work, or maybe it'll get some interest and get people to care more about the CW's. Couldn't hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:43 pm

So who was the heel in that Braun/Reigns segment, and was it planned this way? The crowd booed loudly at Reigns, especially when he brought up his accolades. Braun Strowman got a savior entrance and heel Reigns was distracted long enough for Fighting Joe to put the Clutch on him, at least you could see it this way. And many arms went up when he made his signature arms gesture.
Strowman will still be over and Reigns will be despised, no matter who wins.

Cass should cross over to Smackdown, there is more room for him to develop. He could compete for the US belt somewhere in the future.

CWs could definitely use someone with a shred of charisma. Except for Brian Kendrick, Austin Aries and Neville, everyone else is the prototype of a workrate only wrestler and/or has a horrible dance valet.

Matt Hardy has considerably slowed down compared to Jeff and is only in soso shape(although far from his Fat Lardy days, but he was considerably younger then), I guess he won´t be able to work full throttle for long. Jeff Hardy will probably also want to cut down soon, so maybe they will be the next part timers until they drop the belts.

Grown wrestling fans see Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura as the best thing since the invention of the wheel, kids and casual fans probably not. I can see how WWE has difficulties to book them right. if I had not already seen him in the past, I would have thought that Nakamura has come straight out of a Japanese tech noir movie, although his entrance is still fantastic. Finn Balor on the other hand has the raw charisma and presence needed to shoot straight to the top. If he was a little taller and heavier, Vinnie Mac would probably hire girls to throw flowers where he goes for him.

Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:04 am

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 7 19225698_1602989379712109_8603049371793526296_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 am

...Geez, 2017 is a bad year to be in a tag team not named The Hardy Boys XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 74 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 40 ... 74  Next