by saryakimura96 Today at 1:19 am

» Avalanche 2023: Iris Takahashi (C) vs Giovanni Zeppeli: Nekketsu Title Match
by saryakimura96 Today at 1:12 am

» Straight Tequila Night
by Yori Today at 1:09 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ARStudios2000 Today at 12:23 am

Who is online?
In total there are 138 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 138 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Seeking personal roster help/input.

+6
Serpon
LunarWolf
killcarrion
Vcom7418
M.J.Caboose14
Yori
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Seeking personal roster help/input. - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeking personal roster help/input.

Post by Harrier Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 pm

I already thought that the nickname "Iron Guppy" is great and pretty unique.

Things i personally don´t like to compete against or interact with:
*I always shy away from characters with eyepatches that really hide a blind eye or are mentally disbabled. Not because I have a problem with the equality of disabled people, but because I find it very unfitting for a wrestler to have only half the possible sight and a literally dead side and a mentally handicaped person who does not fully understand what is going should not be exploited by wrestling.
*Characters who lay the match making 100% in your hands. In a standard match, it is just a slaughterhouse where you spam moves and the other one sells it. That was already lame when it was on TV and it has not grown more exciting over time. Don´t get me wrong, a preference for jobbing or sensual seduction is totally ok. I just don´t like to fish in a barrel.
*I find hardcore matches in general lame. I like ladder matches though.
*I don´t like characters who are only a one time project and quickly disposed off. To my shame I did with some notable exceptions not manage to build really good stories here over the years and now Anja is for example more of a satellite character moving around a clique of people who are closer. But I still would never retire her. A character who has only loose connections to past matches is ok though.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Seeking personal roster help/input. - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeking personal roster help/input.

Post by Yori Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Personally, I LOVE stables in wrestling. I would really like to get involved with something like this in the future, more than likely with a new character. I can't see Alexa in a stable, not

I do have a question in regards to tag teams though, so maybe you or someone else can help. I see a good deal of teams are played by one person(I think). What are people's thoughts about that?

There is nothing wrong with doing this, so apologies if anything I say comes off like that. I see the perk of cutting down on clutter in a thread or not having to wait on lots of people for responses. For me, I feel that would be weird. I REALLY try to keep my characters apart, for two real reasons.

1. I don't like being able to have, what is basically an off screen information share. I'd rather not give character A I play, reason to learn stuff from character B I play, when I could just roleplay it out with someone else.
2. I just really LOVE playing characters as buddies, siblings, or partners with other people. Things always feel more organic in relationships when they aren't all cooked up in a sterile environment of just one person's imagination.

For Harrier:

I am totally with you about one off characters/interactions, BUT I feel they have importance. In relation to AWF in general, it can just be a simple tool for enhancement, even if that winds up being one sided. I hope to use anything I do ICly as a building block for my primary character. One of my favorite tropes is the fish out of water/underdog type character (Which is Alexa, go figure). I enjoy slow burn roleplay, as it relates to my primary character, so I can grow their experience into something great. It's also a great way to help elevate other people's characters by including callbacks or mentions that directly influenced yours. I'm going to possibly make the "Cafe Research" thread I made into a common open rp setting to push other people's matches by having my character react to them. The hope is after meeting or wrestling someone, she'll go back and look at their other stuff icly to try and learn in a place that keeps that process publicly IC. I like behind the curtain stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 pm

I see a good deal of teams are played by one person(I think). What are people's thoughts about that?

It’s frankly just necessity. While the idea of doing a tag team with another person is nice, and some people have done it, the fact is that you’re basically relying on someone else far more than usual. People on this site can be fickle - not everyone, mind you, but plenty of us are prone to leave for one reason or another, and it’s not at all uncommon for people to just disappear for no explained reason. Making a tag team with someone else is a bit of a risk.

That being said, I applaud people who try it. It’s just not for everyone.

As for you other questions.

1. What character types/theme you feel are overplayed?

Eh, honestly? Pretty much everyone. And that’s not a knock on anyone in particular, but there are so many people on this site and so many different characters, it’s hard to really pick any specific style that’s not already been picked apart and done in some form or another a dozen times.

2. What type of character you wish more people would play?

If I had to pick a specific group, I’d say hardcore wrestlers. While there are a few out there, we do have a lack of dedicated hardcore wrestlers, and some people who have them don’t use them much - myself included. It’s gotten better in the recent year, but we could still use more.

Also, we could definitely use more guy wrestlers. Serious guy wrestlers.

3. What types of matches would you like to see more of?

Again, like with #1, it’s hard to pick a specific type.

4. What makes a character interesting to you?

Personality. I like characters with good, layered personalities, who react to things in unique ways. I also like characters that embrace the silliness of wrestling and aren’t too serious. Wrestling works best when it doesn’t take itself too seriously, I think.

5. What type of in and out of ring dynamic do you like with other characters?

I’m a big fan of the friendly rival dynamic. It’s lead to some of my favorite matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm

*I organized a fatal forway match once for midcard characters. To really enforce the rules of activity with that was already a hard task.
*Our first Elimination chamber match fell flat, our second one too beside it being a BRILLIANT concept in general.
*I am still amazed how Tatyina made a planningwise clusterfuck of a match that is a Royal Rumble work.

My tag team does not really interact much with each other outside of the ring. I prefer to play them as having a deep connection and knowing what each other might think in very educated guesses. I have a big admiration for two people that can form a running tag team though, but I simply don´t have the determination to do that at the moment.

Our most active stable here is probably, drumroll please, THE BRAT PACK! Very Happy
Organizing a stable is like organizing a tag team but not with only one but preferably at least two people AND opponents. Staying active is always a problem here, and you can only write so many Batista pouting I quit sessions before it gets unrealistic.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 pm

The lament of tag team is pretty true to roleplay even outside of AWF. It's a big risk to tie characters together with somebody else, something me and likely a bunch of you have likely been burned with before. Maybe I am just a glutton for punishment.

It's a shame about people vanishing though. Maybe some engagement outside of the roleplay aspect of the forums would help? Discussions like this in a general sense.

This actually has me slightly more interested in the prospect of making tag team characters, though I feel for me, I would need to figure out how I would want to handle their relationship to make them feel unique to one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 pm

On the topic of stables I'd like to weigh in...

....They're really hard...

I have made two stables only for them to fall apart completely or are on their last legs because of them losing momentum and rpers since they left. What I recently realized though is they're much easier when one person is doing the three or more chars.  

I actually made a new stable called Heavenly White Army and they're going very well. Same with Berial's Dire Pack. Berial' however took it a step further and had another rper join the pack. Which makes a lot of sense tbh. So if you make a stable, I think it's safer to make three of your chars in it, and add other rpers if possible/you want.

Tag teams however I like the idea of doing it with someone else. But like acuya said still risky.

Men are needed for tension too! Very good point!

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoon Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 pm

I've always had interest in being a part of a tag team.
SimplyMoon
SimplyMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 pm

I can see how having big multi-person matches with stables would cause issues, much like the tag team situation. I am a bit surprised by the fact they are hard to manage. Is the issue just with keeping people active/interested? I feel as though there should maybe be a separate discussion just for stables to drum up ideas to make them work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daaharu Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 am

First off, welcome to AFW. Smile As far as how I would answer your questions, just as far as my own personal desires go...

1. I don't know if I would say any given theme is overplayed. I feel like anything could be good or bad depending on how specifically someone goes at it.
2. For me...I love bratty-type characters, and I also love really vibrant characters who interact well with others and make good rivals and foils. And I would love to see more kawaii girls, more sumo girls...
3. I like ones with unique, interesting, weird rules. Maybe softcore stuff. I actually tend to prefer softcore kinky fights to hentai, or, for non-sexual matches, ones with kind of crazy ideas as their centerpieces.
4. I guess it starts with how they look, but then mostly relies on how they're played. Kind of a basic answer there, sorry...
5. It's great to have ongoing story arcs. Like others have said, have important interactions, meaningful ones, forming friendships, or rivalries, are all great. Some of the best threads I've had were ones which launched into stuff like that, and I'm always looking for more. And a tag team between two players does always sound great, but logistically a thread with 3-4 people takes a LOT longer to finish than a thread with 2.

Contact me on Trillian (daaharu) if you want to chat or want me to reply faster.

Officially caught up to my AFW replies as of January 23, 2021.
Daaharu
Daaharu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yori Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:59 am

Thanks for the welcome, so far everyone here has been pretty nice to me.

I enjoy spoiled/bratty/entitled characters to a degree. For me, there needs to be a commitment to that idea though. I have been sitting here for ten minutes now just writing and deleting what to say about this and make it not sound like I am being a butthead. Ultimately it boils down to,for me, some character types I feel are better when you don't get to see the sympathetic sides of them. It's hard to explain, how to develop a good well rounded character while purposely stunting their growth as a character. I dislike when consequences are just sort of hand waved so I guess the best way I can think to go about it is to give it a spin that fits the theme. The first person that comes to mind when I was writing this was Franziska Von Karma from Phoenix Wright.

In regards to number 4. Nothing wrong with "basic" answers. There are tons of things out there I enjoy that don't have really indepth reason for it. Much to the chagrin of others I normally fall into the "I just do." Side of things I love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next