by Diesel_Electric_Razor Today at 10:02 am

» The House That Vander Built - Abigail Le Grande vs. Kurt Vander
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:56 pm

» New Genesis: Kairi Kamiya vs Elliot Gemina
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:02 pm

» In the Den of the Beast: Fenrir vs Bulma Busujima
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:09 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 153 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 152 Guests :: 2 Bots

Diesel_Electric_Razor

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:00 pm by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Great minds think alike?

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Great minds think alike? - Page 2 Empty Re: Great minds think alike?

Post by Maxy Mon May 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Lina confirms that Sion was a manager at one point, managing the group before she did. Though in reference to what he did outside of the ring she notes “I can see that, but he’s good at it and he’s happier with it than what he was doing before moving here.” She didn’t get a chance to expand on that as Sion arrived.

Hearing what Rhein had to say, it sounded like something he’s heard countless times so it wasn’t hard to have something come to mind. Though the matters Rhein and Lina mentioned did complicate those, but those weren’t uncommon matters. “Just so I can understand where you’re coming from, what is restricting them from competing solo? Given the timing of your team’s actions part of me doesn’t even want to look at them, while another wants me to get alone with one of them or both in a cage and lock the door behind us, which given the circumstances would you blame me for that? There is also an option of having them face Daisuke and Lita. While not the full champions’ pairing, it being a good test to see how your team goes against top level competition. And depending how that went of course something where Dai and I faced them down the road, if it happens, it happens. Sometimes both sides got to bend to achieve a greater picture. If there was a certain match type you were interested in, when we won the belts a ladder was involved.”

Lina was about to comment on the thought of Lita and Daisuke teaming up, but Sion gestured for her to hold up for a moment.

”While I sense we can work something out to please everyone, I must know one thing. Did you or did you not order their attack that day? I don’t believe you are someone who would tell a lie, even if the truth would hurt. If you did then it wouldn’t have been the first time I’ve seen something like that happen in this sport, but if you mentioned to them to find a way to make an impact and they so happened chose her on her own. Nothing bad will happen here if I get honesty.” Sion understood that sometimes in wrestling certain things can happen, but it set two completely different moods if PDSM acted on their own of if his mother was the chosen target by Rhein.

Lina kept quiet as Sion spoke. She could tell Sion’s question and Rhein’s answer, even though she and Rhein spoke earlier, this would play an important factor on how the rest of the meeting would go. Sion wasn’t one to get physical or come off as threatening if he got the truth. While he came off a revenge seeking in-ring, the circumstances were different that what is currently before him. Plus as the combination of Kyo and Makie found out, he can see things from both sides and isn’t afraid to admit if anyone on his side is to blame for a specific action. Coming in, he didn’t think Rhein did, but it was a detail he needed to know.

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Mon May 06, 2019 11:56 pm

Rhein didn’t expect much from Sion. Learning he was a manager did raise her hopes a little bit, but what he came up with was far from anything new. She didn’t let the disappointment on her face show as he basically gave a solution Rhein had already brought up earlier, and threw in a few extra questions for good measure. The German kept her polite mask on the entirety of the time Sion spoke, listening to what he had to say but learned that there was very little new information to sway the two managers into an agreement. Sion might have been trying his best, and perhaps he had too little information to go on…Rhein couldn’t blame him for that.

“Well, as I had said to Lina earlier, I don’t really care who fights the P.D.S.M in what order. It could be Daisuke, Lina, even Miss Kei if she feels up for it. So long as they were in the ring the day Kei was attacked, the audience will eat up the revenge plotline as if it were a piece of cake. I don’t have a problem with who faces them…although, I prefer you stay out of this Sion.”

Rhein’s jade colored eyes flashed over towards Sion, her tone suddenly shifting from relaxed to business like as she stared at the man in the strange shirt.

“My reasoning why is also the answer as to why I want this to be a tag team. Forgive me if this sounds rude, but I am not so confident that the Champions could control themselves around my team if left alone, by themselves. For example, if Sion here knocked dear Selina down to the floor after a valiant fight and she gave up…what guarantee do we have that he will stop?” Rhein’s eyes wandered towards Lina, who had been sitting quietly in her chair the entire time, “I don’t blame him, of course…but neither do I trust him, or any of the members individually. They are all far too emotionally invested in making my team pay for what happened. Sion said so himself. However, I did notice the day of the attack that when in a group, you were able to maintain your composure and stop yourselves from pushing your attack. You all can help one another keep a cool head and stop each other from going too far, while my team always has a team mate that will rush to their aid should you guys become too…invested in the fight.”

Rhein made sure that both of them understood what she was saying, casting a quick glance between both Lina the manager and Sion the second-generation wrestler.

“I want my team to be safe…and one of the best ways to do that is making sure they are together. Hence, a tag match.”

Rhein didn’t bother to explain the other reason she wanted a tag battle. Her employers were getting impatient, and wanted the team to debut soon. Having the two split off into separate single matches wouldn’t help Rhein’s deadline in the slightest. Besides, she wanted this to be over with soon so she could move on to a new client’s long list of troubles and problems.

However, Sion would do something Rhein didn’t expect. He would confront her about what exactly happened that day…and he would do so under a veiled threat. The manager’s neutral smile was gone, and Rhein’s jade eyes stared right into Sion’s once more, but this time with a much stronger gaze. Rhein said nothing for a moment, expecting Lina to reprimand her client after what he had just said to her…but nothing came from Lina. Rhein didn’t know what to expect from her, and sighed after seeing that Lina would jut sit back and watch. If a client of Rhein’s had ever dared to threaten another manager during business, Rhein would have been quick to shut it down…but Rhein and Lina were two very different types of managers. That was becoming rather clear every moment that passed.

“Mr. Sion, nothing bad is going to happen here, Period. I am not one of the wrestlers around here that you can just throwdown with and start a fight out of the blue. I came here to speak with Lina about arranging a match, nothing more. You are simply here as a second opinion.” Rhein watched Sion with a disapproving glare, the manager sitting on the edge of her seat in case she needed to get out of it quickly, “I am not about to answer anything when being threatened…and we are not going to fight about this in Lina’s office. If you want the answer to that question, approach me respectfully, and at a later time. Right now, we are discussing business, not family matters.”

The tension in the air had grown to a peak, with Rhein and Sion having a small battle of minds and hearts. Rhein despised being threatened, more so then she let on. She had experienced it enough to make her fear the repercussions and hate the feeling of danger pushing down on her. If Sion really wanted to fight, he would get the first punch…but Rhein was drawing a line in the sand, and she didn’t appear to be backing down anytime soon. Leaving only Lina to defuse the situation that should never have started.

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Tue May 07, 2019 1:24 am

While he was set in wanting an answer, he wouldn’t ignore the question she brought up. “I’m sorry if that came off as threatening, I don’t like being that type of guy. Please understand it’s nothing to with Lina, Daisuke, or Lita. And to an extent is has nothing to do with my mother. I agree this is a business conversation, but my entire upbringing has in one way or another been involved in this business. One thing I came to understand early on there are a lot of dishonest people involved in this as a whole, so the thought of me not wanting to cease after the bell I get. She’s doing fine all things considering, so if there was a one on one battle, I’m one to let it go after the bell sounds. I’d be harming my mother’s name as well if I did other wise. Your guys, other than what we saw the other day I don’t know what they’d do, but their actions didn’t paint a good image of them. Having said that though they did get a reaction and a noticeable one so I give them credit for that. Do I like it? As someone who is related to the victim no, but as someone who understands the business side of it…I kinda do.”

Lina didn’t think Sion would go off here, but she wanted to be sure, considering that last statement, and asked him “You okay?”

”Yeah I’m alright” he confirmed to Lina before returning attention to Rhein.

”I can tell you’re taking things seriously and want good for your side, and I do mean this, it looks to me like you can go far. Again I apologize if I came of as threatening earlier, but know how you mentioned being approached respectfully? I do agree with that being important, but there are people who in this business who do not care for the whole giving respect thing yet at the same time demand it because their experience in this out weighs someone else’s.”

”I don’t mean to interrupt” Lina chimed in, “But are you going somewhere with that? I doubt Rhein appreciates the delay.

Sion nods. “Yeah, I’m getting to that. I actually do have a couple of specific thoughts on what we could do if you prefer tag only, one of which I feel your team would like fully. It might not feel relevant to relief in this place at this exact moment, by my experience not only as a wrestler, but being around vast generations of talent while growing up tells me getting an answer to the question I seek will give two possibly different out comes on what we could do. I guarantee you if you tell me what I’d like to know in this office I’ll tell both of you what this mind that has seen a lot of strange shit in this business is thinking of and at least one of you will find it very tempting to say the least, I bet my half of the championship on it.”

The sound of that caught Lina’s attention to the point where a fire could be going on behind her, which there wasn’t, and she’d still want to see what would happen here. Sion noticed Lina’s facial reaction before resuming discussing with Rhein. ”This is business, you are correct, but this business has become my life. I don’t need a long answer, a simple yes you did or no you didn’t will do. Usually I can wait for later for things, however this is one of the few times where I must insist. If you're still hesitant, what can I do to change your mind?"

Lina was amazed at how calm Sion as he said his piece. It appeared that the next move was Rhein's.

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Rhein didn’t seem as impressed as her fellow manager. The neutral smile was gone as hard negotiations were being laid out onto the table. Sion seemed to insist that he had the magic answer to both Rhein and Lina’s problems…the fact was, Rhein’s only problem was getting Lina on board. The manager seemed hesitant to put her team in any situation they may not be comfortable with, which was probably why she wanted one of their opinions on the matter. It was becoming clear that if Rhein wanted this match to go as planned, she would have to give Sion the information he wanted, so he could push Lina in the right direction.

The woman in dark green still didn’t seemed convinced, eyeing Sion with a skeptical, but subtle gaze. He had made a few different assertions…but from what she had seen of Sion, she wasn’t sure how much trust she could put into those.

“Well…if you say you could handle being by yourself in the ring with one of the P.D.S.M Members, then perhaps we can consider that in the future. However, I would rather be safe then sorry. I’m sure you understand, but after what just happened, I think it would be better not to put any temptation on the table…for either team.”

Rhein didn’t think her team would go as far as Sion had threatened to go…but then again, she really didn’t know Selina or Día too well. They seemed rather sheepish when outside the ring, but inside the ring they seemed to revert into completely different beings. There was no guarantee that they would stop either if given the chance to maul their opponents. Safety for both teams was preferred, and if there were multiple people there, the chance of any cruelty being inflicted seemed to go down, just a bit.

Sion once again insisted on learning about the orders Rhein gave to her team that day. Did she order them to attack Kei or not? It was actually a rather simple question, and one Rhein would have answered had she not felt threatened. She didn’t think Lina would let Sion start a fight in her office…but she was sure she could hold Sion off long enough to escape if things got violent. It was a gamble, but if it got her the fight for her team, she would take the risk.

With a heavy sigh, Rhein stated simply, “Yes. I ordered my team to find someone to fight so they could debut properly. No, I didn’t order them to directly target your mother. I take full responsibility for what my team did under my orders, and if you have any issues with me because of that, then we can discuss that further at a later time.”

Rhein’s eyes rolled over towards Lina, curious if that was enough of an answer to satiate Sion and his manager that seemed to be invested in what he had to say. If so, this grand answer could finally be revealed, and business could move forward.

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Tue May 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Sion took a moment to process what was said. He got what he wanted to hear, and even though Rhein mentioned she told her team to do something, he believed her when she said that his mother wasn’t specifically chosen by her. “Thank you” he tells her calmly. “That being said, here’s what I had in mind.”

Lina looked shocked to hear Rhein let her team loose and told them to do what they did, however when it came Kei not being chosen by Rhein and that was of the team’s doing she wondered what drove them to make that decision on their own. Her pondering was cut short as she heard Sion mention what was on his mind.

”Your team takes on the combination of Daisuke and Lita. Should yours win, some would say that would give them top contention. Since they are new here maybe shouldn’t be as simple as just winning. What if say if they won and did so within a time limit of ten or fifteen minutes? That would be convincing enough to warrant them a shot. This is where it gets interesting. Then when Daisuke myself defend against your team, they can pick two match choices of their choosing in a two out of three falls match, and they can pick two of the three.” Lina hears what Sion is suggesting, and the more he says the more she looks like she is against it. “You sure about that?” she asks. “Where’s the champion’s advantage in that?”

”Valid question, Lina. That being while we would get one choice, we choose the order and they have to state their intentions first.” Hearing that explanation, Lina isn’t against the idea. “What if her team wins the initial match but not as fast or just flat out lose?”

”If it takes them longer than expected to win then we can revisit and discuss further, but if they’re defeated then they look bad.” With all that Sion mentioned, it seemed like a bit much was suggested, but Lina feels that Sion said what he said he would if he found out what he needed to know. That and the thought of what pieces could be chosen and them placing it in order Lina felt could make a difference.

“Well that’s more than I would have thought of, but you may have something there.” With Rhein being set on their being a tag to debut, Lina had a feeling Sion was looking a bit a head to sweeten things, which wasn’t necessarily a negative thing. “Can something like that work, or does that give you any ideas?” Lina asked Rhein.

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Wed May 08, 2019 10:52 am

After listening to Sion’s idea, Lina seemed a bit hesitant, but willing to try the idea out for the sake of the fight. Eventually, the smaller manager would wrap up her questions and ask the suited woman who sat across from her what her opinion of Sion’s plan was.  Rhein hid any emotion on her face well, not showing anything that could leave one to believe she did or did not like the idea. After letting the proposal stew in her mind for a bit, the German flashed a smile to Sion, like a mother that was proud of her child trying something new.

“That is certainly an interesting idea, Sion…but, unfortunately,”
Rhein suddenly crossed her arms in an X pose, “it won’t work. For a number of reasons.”

Rhein really didn’t like that she kept being the buzzkill that seemed to poke a hole in each of Lina’s and Sion’s plans. Honestly, Rhein wanted to get everything set up an be done with it, but perhaps it was her own pride that kept getting in the way of things. She made sure every job she did was one she had done to the best of her abilities. If she let one assignment go that was lack luster or poor, it would hurt not only her reputation, but her self-respect as well. She couldn’t green light an idea that was filled with loop holes and uncertainty that would almost certainly come back to haunt her.

“Sion, while your idea is certainly unique, it has far too many holes for me to ignore. For one thing, why would I ever agree to let you or your team choose the order of the match types? That would be extremely foolish on my part wouldn’t it? You could easily pick a match type the Champions would have an advantage in on the first round and knock my team out nice and quick.” Rhein would turn to Lina, looking to prove a point, “Lina, would you accept that request? If I told you that the P.D.S.M had control of what type of fight they would put the Champions through and there was nothing you could do to change the decision process?”

Rhein’s green eyes lingered on Lina for a bit longer before moving on.

“We would need a neutral third part if we wanted to do that. Someone who is reliable, but not swayed towards one faction over the other. Of course, that is just one of the issues. There is also the matter of your handicap…I have to ask, why?” Rhein turned toward Sion, her body language questioning the man’s motives for such an action, “The Champions are, or at least once were a Belt holding team. Clearly that means they have gone through dozens of hardships to get to where they are now. So, tell me why a team that has won a belt now needs to put a handicap on some rookies? It makes the Champions look bad, and since you don’t have any idea how it should play into the fight, there is no reason to keep the time limit around.”

While Sion’s idea had its interesting points, Rhein had to think of it from a manager’s point of view. With the time limit, there was certainly a bit more stakes involved, but it also could hold her team back if they had a timer ticking off in the back of their heads. Plus, if it came out that the Champions were enforcing things such as time limits on rookies who had yet to properly debut, there reputation might just dwindle a bit, making any victory over them nulled.

“The Champions should be able to handle my team without a timer to back them up, is what I am getting at. Finally, there is the two out of three falls match idea. I’ll admit it is probably exciting to switch different match types as the fight progresses, but the trouble is that there is a chance it will go on for far too long, and everyone involved will be so wracked with fatigue the final matches may not be interesting to watch. What would we do if the first match was a knockout only match? We couldn’t continue after one of the team members had just been pounded unconscious.”

Rhein had a few more grievances…but those were the ones that stood out most to her. She was also a bit concerned the audience would lose interest in the fight if it took too long. Of course, it is unproductive to dissect an idea without having one of your own.

“Why don’t we focus on a single match for the moment? If anything comes of it in the future, we can discuss it then. For now, why not do something as simple as a standard match? We can throw in an easy twist, one that isn’t one sided. Whichever team can pin one of the enemy team members is the winner, and we are done. It’s simple, the audience will understand it better, it keeps the action going, and the teams can fight without restrictions of anything but the rules.”

Rhein stated her case plainly, smiling a bit, but not as much as she had been when she walked in.

“Of course, if you want to pull a twist rule, I would be willing to implement that into the match.”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Wed May 08, 2019 3:18 pm

“I see what you mean Rhein” Lina commented when asked about it following the green haired’s reaction to what Sion suggested. “I want to guess maybe that’s why he suggested us choosing the order, but I’m sure we all can agree, as you said, something like a last man standing right of the bat wouldn’t work. And no, not if it was say all three and it’s done as presented.” Which Sion mentioned “hence the choice of order, but I don’t disagree with what you said.” He might not have liked his idea being shot down, but he understood Rhein’s reasoning clearly, and it did sound like it could have been a bit complex at second thought. “I will admit that does sound like there’s a lot to it.”

Weighing in on what Sion mentioned and Rhein’s reaction to there being a set time to obtain a win, which Sion nods in confirmation when Lina mentions “That wouldn’t have been the first time I’ve heard of that something happening, giving a potential challenger an extra hurdle to really nail the point home.”

That said, Sion wasn’t against a first encounter being a simple one, though he did want to seem like he was wanting everyone’s time to be worth it and have some length to it. “I’m fine with that” Lina informs Rhein. “Though I don’t blame Sion thinking somewhat long term, but there’s no harm in keeping it simple and seeing where it leads.” Sion appears to be in agreement with that.

Both Lina and Sion talk it over briefly, and they see no reason to spice it up at this stage. “A straight up tag sounds good.” Lina confirms. “Can’t think of a simple twist without getting carried away at the moment. What about yourself?”

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Fri May 10, 2019 10:13 pm

“I’m sure it isn’t the first time there had been a special condition to make a fight more interesting. My point is, it seems silly to give it to a team that hasn’t debut yet. Would you put a new rookie up against a belt holder then tell him he has to not only win, but do so in three minutes or less?” Rhein wanted to drive in the fact that she was well aware of the goings on in her work place, and had a reason for everything she did. “If the P.D.S.M had any real team experience, and you had figured out a fair consequence or reason why a timer needed to be there, then I would happily accept such a condition. Sadly, that’s not the case.”

Lina would inform Rhein hat she was fine with her idea of keeping it simple. It was probably for the best. The German was slightly interested in Sion’s idea and was already thinking of a way to plug many of the holes it had and make it particle as well as marketable. One of the tougher issues was making it simple enough so that an audience member could jump right into the middle of the action and still stay interested. It was work for another time.

“Long term, eh? Does that mean you think my team will beat yours in the first few rounds?”
Rhein teased, a small smile creeping on her lips as she seemed to give Sion a genuinely good-natured look since he had walked in.

As the champion and her client talked amongst themselves, Rhein stood up. Stretching her legs and back, the meeting seemed to be wrapping up. Rhein had a stack of forms to fill out and have a few of her client’s sign waiting for her when she got back, and she would probably have to fill out the match request form so that this tag match could get underway and be scheduled properly.

“I don’t have any twist ideas on me at the moment. I can offer you the choice of a standard tag or a tornado tag. Oh, and I would appreciate if you could tell me who you think will competing on your side in this match. Purely for the paper work, of course. I won’t let my team know who it is, as the reaction will seem more…genuine, that way.”

Rhein straightened out her vest and suit jacket, smoothing out any wrinkles and looking like the professional she was as she pushed her spectacles up the bridge of her nose.

“Of course, if you don’t know, I can give you a bit of time to decide. As I said, I don’t really mind who you pick, and if you are serious about staying calm, I won’t object to Sion’s inclusion in the fight…if that’s what he really wants.”

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Rhein wasn’t wrong with the mentioning of what a rookie would be up against early on, though from Sion’s travels and experiences he knew that sort of thing has happened, though in some of those cases it’s a desperate youngin’ and gets that thrown at them if a heelish boss or higher ranked wrestler wanted to quiet them then simply beat them and have the problem go away. He didn’t feel the need to bring that up here since it looked like progress was being made and he didn’t want to back track things.

The thought of traditional tag or a tornado format did give Lina something to think about, though she already knew who would be participating. “I can give you one for sure answer. Not sure how many people you’re managing, but I’m sure you’d want to be active. From the looks of what happened in the ring the other day Lita looked hungry for some action. I’m 99% sure it would be hear and Daisuke if it was a straight up tag, but I do want to check with her first if she see she has a preference on the tag format. I can guarantee you an answer by the end of the day, though if you’re in no major rush to leave I can give a shout now.”

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantulust Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:36 am

Lina and Sion continued to discuss amongst themselves about which type of format they would prefer their match to be in. Rhein had already begun to gather the things she brought along with her, getting the feeling as though things were starting to wrap up in their meeting. Progress was made, and that was all she could really ask for at the end of the day. Working with the champions manager was certainly an interesting experience, and gave Rhein a chance to work on her patience.

Just as Rhein had gotten completely ready to leave, Lina actually gave her an estimation on who would be fighting. From the sound of it, Daisuke and a woman named Lita would be the P.D.S.M’s first opponents. Rhein was only had a basic knowledge of either of them, but she didn’t mind the selection. Apparently, Lina wanted to ask what Lita preferred as to either battle in a tag or tornado tag match. For a manager, Rhein was noticing Lina sure leaned on her clients for help in making a decision. Sion was still sitting in the room helping her discuss the detail’s…but if Rhein had to wait a few more minutes to get a definite answer, she figured that would be better than procrastinating for an entire day. With a practiced smile, Rhein set her files down on the chair that she was sitting in and adjusted her glasses.

“Alright, why don’t you give her a ring. I’ll get started on making the preparations as soon as we reach a decision.”

Rhein would discreetly pull out her phone while waiting for Lina, answering her emails with lighting fast typing and professional formatting. She had quite a few to go through, and so she was using her time as best as she could.

Tarantulust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next