by Diesel_Electric_Razor Today at 3:02 pm

» The House That Vander Built - Abigail Le Grande vs. Kurt Vander
by Yori Yesterday at 3:56 am

» New Genesis: Kairi Kamiya vs Elliot Gemina
by Yori Yesterday at 2:02 am

» In the Den of the Beast: Fenrir vs Bulma Busujima
by Yori Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:09 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 244 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 243 Guests :: 2 Bots

SigmaMorgan

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

+7
kerflubble
Old_Man_Tai
M.J.Caboose14
BritBrat
Teenwrestler
Harrier
Panda
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof Empty About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

Post by Panda Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:23 pm

So, is there supposed to be one, generally speaking? I'd been under the impression that Friction was mostly supposed to be more light-hearted stuff while Tension took on the heavier and more serious storylines and such. Lately, however, it feels like a fair number of darker and edgier storylines are coming into Friction as well, putting aside how some of them seem to strain the limits of the setting.

Panda

Back to top Go down

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof Empty Re: About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

Post by Harrier Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:37 pm

How perceptions vary.

I always had the impression that Tension had at best two or three storylines going, and most of the time it was Killer King demolishing a girl(KillerV has that eye of the tiger gritty style with King), one of WrestleRyus characters getting thrown under the bus, Lobos Clyde Gastin getting pummeled for the Tension belt and Kitten laying down the hentai tension title for a lack of contenders. There were undoubtfully more, but those come to mind easiest for me.

The influx of darker stories for Friction is a rather new development. I found Friction radiating a lipstick seductive tone with a members only mentality most of the time, with purely serious wrestlers being in the minority most of the time. I would go as far as to say that the Brat Pack is the longest standing active stable(goofy but with a twist) in all of AFW and there were many memorable matches of a group of around 8 girls or so. If I had to choose a more serious brand, it would probably be Friction.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof Empty Re: About the difference in tone between Friction and Tension, or the lack thereof

Post by Teenwrestler Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi,

to be honest, I always thought the difference was this:

Friction: fvf only

Tension: mvm, mvf and fvf

Other than that, the stories and whatnot can be whatever the writers wish.
Teenwrestler
Teenwrestler

Back to top Go down

Post by BritBrat Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Hmmm....I don't think it's something that is new, neither do I think that is the case between Friction and Tension. One example I could give is the Cassie Elliot and Dark Angel Saga. That was pretty gritty and dark, considering Cassie was supposed to be all sunshine and rainbows (even though she's this BJJ prodigy).

There can be darker storylines in either league, it's not that it's just in Tension. That being said, there is also lighter stuff in both brands. I don't think there is an edgier storyline in the Kawaii section but that's probably because I haven't looked deep into it.

Since there are so many storylines that could be considered canon, it can be hard to see them all. I just so happened to delve into the bit of history of AFW when I first came here. I can't say I've read them all, but each and every one of them have been intriguing to read.

BritBrat

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Here's the issue...

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO MAKE MEN!

...so now that that's out of my system...Tension MVF and Friction FVF...and if you think that's not enough difference...I point to the horror that is RAW / SMACKDOWN.

Tension needs love people! GIVE IT LOVE!

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:02 pm

...What's the whole deal with RAW/SMACKDOWN?

Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 pm

NOTHING! THEY SPLIT UP! THEN FOGUHT EVERY YEAR! AND NOW...WILDCARD RULE! ITS AN ABOMINATION!

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Harrier wrote:How perceptions vary.

I always had the impression that Tension had at best two or three storylines going, and most of the time it was Killer King demolishing a girl(KillerV has that eye of the tiger gritty style with King), one of WrestleRyus characters getting thrown under the bus, Lobos Clyde Gastin getting pummeled for the Tension belt and Kitten laying down the hentai tension title for a lack of contenders.  There were undoubtfully more, but those come to mind easiest for me.

The influx of darker stories for Friction is a rather new development. I found Friction radiating a lipstick seductive tone with a members only mentality most of the time, with purely serious wrestlers being in the minority most of the time. I would go as far as to say that the Brat Pack is the longest standing active stable(goofy but with a twist) in all of AFW and there were many memorable matches of a group of around 8 girls or so. If I had to choose a more serious brand, it would probably be Friction.

...What even are these words. The best storylines in AFW in your opinion are squash matches? What even is that second paragraph? How can there be a "members only" mentality when everyone on this site is a member? You're words are confusing and upsetting.

But to the OP, stories are either brand are not limited in any way. You can be as dark or light as you like on either brand. The only difference that there is meant to be is that Tension is where the mixed combat stuff goes. If stories seem darker or lighter on one side over the other, that revolves entirely around the characters and players involved, not some "rule" or whatever that one side has to be darker or more story heavy than the other.

Also, Friction has had some dark stories going on. As somebody pointed out, the Cassie/Dark Angel stuff was dark, and the previous GM was basically a dictator-like alpha bitch who played wrestlers like puppets, there was a sort of heel faction vs face faction war that dominated most of Tension for like, a year, and then a character literally set the damn ring on fire.

...Though, to be fair, pretty sure ALL of that was before you joined up, and pretty much most of the people involved in said stories are no longer part of AFW.

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:11 pm

I'm still here, technically.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:12 pm

M.J.Caboose14 wrote:Here's the issue...

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO MAKE MEN!

...so now that that's out of my system...Tension MVF and Friction FVF...and if you think that's not enough difference...I point to the horror that is RAW / SMACKDOWN.

Tension needs love people! GIVE IT LOVE!

Fun fact: Friction came THIS CLOSE to having a (non-competing) male GM recently, with thoughts being given to potential story purposes. Buuuuuuut we figured it would be too controversial, players would revolt, and one player we suggested the idea to actually threatened to quit the site over it.

So we scrapped that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next