Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 141 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 140 Guests :: 1 Bot

Kookio

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Decisions, decisions

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Decisions, decisions Empty Decisions, decisions

Post by Maxy Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:55 pm

One day Daisuke was walking around town with something on her mind. If one took a good look at her she would have a look that said she was looking troubled. Usually with her that isn't the case, but with her recent success in the ring she's begun to ask herself a number of questions, important and possible life altering questions. She wasn't one to usually involve others with her problems, especially with what she was thinking of. But the more she was keeping it to herself the more perplexed she would feel and she felt like she had to talk with somebody. She felt her stomach make some noises and felt it might be a good time to deal with that. She noticed she was close to a small noodle restaurant close by, one she hasn't noticed before. She shrugs and walks inside.

She scans the area, nothing really stands out right away, until she sees one of the employees there. She isn't too sure but thinks she sees one of her cousins. If her eyes wasn't playing tricks on her she'd swear she noticed Tai. She felt her insides tighten a little bit, remembering things with them weren't always peachy. Still, he is family and on her mind was something family related so something told her to try to talk to him as she found somewhere to sit. Things didn't appear to be busy at the moment as she thought about what to have before approaching him.

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Decisions, decisions Empty Re: Decisions, decisions

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:20 am

That's right.

Tai Kamiya, former Tension Hentai, and Friction Entropy, champion, one of the most infamous members of AFW's early years and a founding member of the original Sex Wars/Tension league...now owned a restaurant.

It all started right before his retirement. Noticing his long losing streak, and concerned his career was nearing its end, Tai had looked into an alternate source of income. With advice from his girlfriend at the time, former AFW star Chigusa Yuuki, suggested he use his cooking skills and open a food court.

Choosing noodles for their simplicity, Tai opened his own noodle cart, while Chigusa, leaving AFW to continue her pop idol career, allowed her image to be used for marketing. The combination of a famous idol as a mascot, and Tai's delicious noodle combinations, made it a rapid success.

Over the last three years, his business had expanded, opening several noodle carts over Kyoto, and was starting to expand into Kobe and Yokohama. As a result of the success, Tai finally proposed to, and married, Chigusa, the two hyphenating their last names.

Recently, he took the biggest risk yet, opening his own noodle restaurant, managing as well as cooking half the week. Today, he enjoying a nice lunch break, having some nice noodles, pork, and veggies, when he looked up, eyes widening in surprise as he saw his cousin, Daisuke Kamiya, standing nearby.

The cousins had...a rough history. Back in Tai's active career, his disliked that Dai was more popular than he was, and lashed out against her. He cost her a title match, and they traded wins against each other in matches, the last one ending in hentai, against her will.

Despite this, over the last few years, the cousins had somehow managed to patch things up, little by little, thanks to her forgiving nature, and him mellowing out a lot since those days. Now, they were on friendly terms, though not exactly friends.

Catching her eye, he waved Dai over, opening a seat for her.

"Hey cousin...how you been? Saw you win those tag belts, congrats for that. Nice to see another Kamiya holding a title in Tension!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:20 am

Him noticing and waving to her did make things feel a little calmer. Making her way over to him she tries to crack a smile, despite there being a lot on her mind. "Hey, I'm alright for the most part." She looks around for a second or so before continuing "Nice set up you got here, and thanks. It wasn't easy that's for sure but we did it" knowing full well it was as much Sion's win as it was hers. "How about you?"

After deciding on what she wanted she felt it was time to get it out there and be blunt with it. "I should elaborate. While physically I'm fine, there's been a lot on my mind lately, some pretty major stuff actually." She takes a moment to breathe before continuing. "As you know my husband and I are the current tag champions, so that means our stays in Japan before heading back home to Canada are a bit longer in length than usual. With the added workload in the ring that comes with the titles so far it's been difficult to balance my life here and back home. Got my job with the (police) force back home, luckily I got personal connections there so the hours work for now, but if I'm here more wrestling that means my job might not be there when I get back depending how long are reign is, and should it come to an end if we get a chance to regain it. It pays well but I know I have the option of relocating here and staying in Japan and find work here, but I'm not sure if my family should pick up everything and start over here."

She reminds him of her two kids, Sky and Excel. That and Sion having a couple of young ones with their friend Lita does complicate things a little bit in that regard even though everyone is peachy with everyone. "While it might be good for those two since their mother was thinking of moving back to Japan for good" mentioning she has a place out west to be closer to the kids but still has to place in Japan "How do you explain to young ones yeah we're moving to the other side of the word so no seeing grandma every other day. I guess where I'm going with this is part of me thinking we should move up here, but at the same time I'm having doubts that it would worth the risk. Sion and I have spoke about it a few times and moving this far is a big deal, and if we did go for it we'd want to be sure it's the right thing to do. I guess you can say I'm looking for some input, and even though we don't see each other much you're still family and I would value your input."

Having Tai's input on her issue would be of importance. Those who are close to her know what's going through her and her husband's minds about the matter. Having someone on the outside looking in might help her see things in a way she hasn't quite noticed. Though it's not something she'd want to tell a complete stranger. Even though they were distant, they were still related and even with their past, as shaky as it was, knows family should be there for each other. Tai's been in this part of the world along time so if anyone's input on whether or not a Canadian family should make the jump and continue things here is valuable and carry some merit, it would be his.

"I know such a transition wouldn't be easy. We'd be giving up a lot of things, but at the same time I want to do what's best for everyone. I want to do my family right, but you know how I am, I've tasted success here and I don't want to give it up if I can help it. I just got the feeling we can't keep the balancing act the way it is forever, know what I mean?"

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:39 am

Tai stayed quite for a while, listening as his cousin, (and just how many freaking family members did he have around this league anyway? The newcomer, Ryo, was technically the 5th damn Kamiya to join AFW.) vented about her concerns regarding work and family and the possibility of moving or not.

While he doubted he was the best to ask about such a huge decision, he did think it over for several minutes, arms crossed as he sat, deep in thought.

Finally, he looked at her again, speaking slowly.

"Hmmm...Well Dai...I think...you should move to Japan. Join AFW full time. Being an officer is noble, and brave, but frankly, you'll make more money and have far better job security, as well as arguably take less risks, as a wrestler. Plus, since your only part time right now, the company isn't putting much promotion behind you, but if they knew their tag champs were now local, they'd get the machine behind you, so you'd be certain to raise your profile and your paycheck."

"Your children would be able to watch you and cheer you on, and you'd be sparing them the trauma that a lot of cops kids go through, wondering if today's the day some punk with a gun gets lucky...and mommy doesn't get to come home that day...err...sorry. that came out darker than I intended..."

He shrugged, rubbing the back of his head.

"That's my take on it anyway. You have more to benefit from moving here than staying in Canada."

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Tai did make number of valid points. Them being closer to the action could mean more for them down the road as far as in-ring matters went. She didn't blame him for the mommy not coming home bit either. "It's alright I know what you mean. Seems my involvement with the force back in Canada has gotten me attention of a dishonored-former cop here" she brings up her involvement with a girl who moved from New Zealand named Jenny Quick and was scheduled to face her soon.

"I don't want to keep you from work for munch longer but let me ask one more thing...If we did decided to go that route and move here, got any tips that might be helpful? Since you've seen to have done well for yourself from what I can see here." She's had extended stays here before but nothing to the extent of becoming a permanent resistant. Regardless of what he had to say about that, if any, she'd thank him for the talk, appreciating his input very much. She offers him a hug before letting him get back to work.

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:55 am

Tai shrugged in response.

"Well, honestly cousin, I had an easier time making it here than you will. I was born and raised her after all, and I'm full Japanese, not mostly Canadian like you, and I married a pop Idol, so I had advantages. But some advice...find somewhere to live more on the outskirts, living in the middle of the cities is expensive as fuck...and just try to dedicate yourself to the job. Once you move here and dedicate yourself to AFW and its fans, they'll embrace you more than ever before and support you."

With that, he gave Dai a farewell hug, before returning to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Mariko Ishii felt a bit awkward sitting alone on a bench at a local park. This sort of place wasn’t exactly a typical hangout spot of hers, but that wasn’t the issue. She was there waiting for Daisuke Kamiya to meet her, and for the life of her she couldn’t figure out what it could possibly be about.

They weren’t complete strangers, per se. Yamato was a part of their group, which by extension made Mariko an affiliate…or something to that effect. In any case, they’d at least met before, though they’d never had any serious chats between them. None that Mariko could recall, at least. So when Daisuke suddenly asked to meet her so they could talk, needless to say Mariko was a bit perplexed. Could it be about Yamato? Daisuke was pretty close to his girlfriend, it seemed. Had something happened between them? That didn’t seem likely, but she couldn’t help but wonder.

Dressed in a pair of tight fitting jeans, black flats, a white shirt and read jacket, she crossed one leg over the other and took her phone out and began to thumb through her messages, making sure she hadn’t missed anything important that would clue her in onto anything important. Chances were she hadn’t, but it didn’t hurt to double check. And it helped kill a bit of time too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:16 am

As Daisuke was finishing eating, she recalled she was going to meet up with Mariko that afternoon. She checked a nearby clock and noticed she still had time before they were to meet up. After thanking Tai and paying, she headed out to meet up with Mariko.

Before catching up with Mariko she grabbed a couple of sodas, intending on giving one to Mariko. Arriving at the park, it didn't take Daisuke long to find her. Tossing her the bottle after calling out to her when she close enough, Dai thanked her for coming and asked if she prefers sitting or walking and talking, Dai was fine with either.

Part of her felt like doing some small talk to help ease the tension of the matter, but having brought it up already with Tai she felt that she shouldn't delay things and tells Mariko she asked her here to get her opinion on an important matter. She tells her everything that she told Tai earlier, especially how Lita is factoring in her and Sion's decision, which if they did move here would mean Lita too would be staying in Japan for good rather than going back and forth to Canada because of her young ones. She adds that she did talk with her cousin Tai about the situation as well and his take on it. The only new thing she mentions to Mariko is "I wanted to ask you because with your relation to Yamato and his connection with Lita, Sion, and myself, it feels like you can give a point of view as someone who is both someone who has interest in it and the opinion of a neutral observer too, if that makes sense."

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:03 am

Mariko was fortunate Daisuke called to her when she did. Otherwise the soda likely would’ve crashed right into her pretty face before she even knew it was coming! Fortunately she looked up in plenty of time to catch it before that could happen.

“I was actually just starting to get a little thirsty. Thanks,” she said as she opened the soda and took a sip, while sliding her phone back into her jacket pocket. When Daisuke asked about sitting or walking, Mariko stood from her seat, electing the latter. “It’s as nice a day for a stroll through the park as any,” she said.

Once they’d started walking, Mariko wasn’t exactly sure whether to ask what was on Daisuke’s mind right away, or ease their way into it. But Daisuke simplified the matter and soon began to explain her situation. Once she’d explained it all, everything finally made sense. She was inwardly relieved to not be hearing about anything bad concerning Yamato, though she could tell this was a serious issue for Daisuke.

“Sounds like quite a big decision,” Mariko said, then sipped her soda again and pondered it over for a moment before continuing. “I’m not sure I’m capable of being completely neutral. Yamato-kun is every bit as precious to me as he is to Lita, if not even more. So naturally, I can’t help but be in favor of anything that keeps him here. But even with that aside, I think I have to agree with your cousin,” she said.

“Such a big move would be tough on the kids, I’m sure. But I’d be willing to bet they would rather come here if it meant having more time with the family. And Tai’s right. You’d get more promotion and a bigger salary. Not to mention you’ll spare yourselves the frequent jet lags and all the other inconveniences that come with traveling so much. I’ve never been on a plane before, but I imagine it must be quite draining to move back and forth between places in such different time zones so often.” Mariko had never even been on a plane before, and truthfully the thought of being thousands of feet in the air didn’t sound extremely appealing. But to travel so far so often just sounded incredibly taxing.

“Again, my opinion’s bound to be biased on this, but that’s my two cents. For whatever it’s worth.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxy Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:16 am

Taking in everything in that Mariko had to say, Daisuke had feeling that Mariko saying she had interest in this as it would in a way involve her brother, but at the same time have it come across that it wasn't all just about how it would benefit him. Like with Tai, the topic of it benefiting the kids came up, which part of her wasn't sure if there would be more pros than cons as far as they were concerned. "Yeah it would mean it would mean us still being close to them, and yeah it wouldn't be an easy change for them, or us, but Canada and Japan are two completely different countries. What advice would you offer to a family who use to customs being one way then having to adjust to another?" She brings up Tai's answer to said question, though hopes she can add to it, or at the very least expand on what he had to say.

She adds before Mariko can answer "Though before you get to that, another concern I have...Even if moving is at first good for everyone, but then something goes wrong. Everyone else we know is back in Canada, sure I got a family member up here and sometimes Sion's mom wrestles up here, but for the most part everyone's back there, and say something were to happen and it didn't work out and we lost everything, we'd be fucked, and that's kinda scary."

Maxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next