by Yori Today at 9:06 pm

» Makoto 'Shogun' Ray (D) vs Erina Stallone
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:48 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:35 pm

» Zebra Woman vs. Renegade Steinhauser - Big Bertha vs. Little Rogue
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 7:31 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 132 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 129 Guests :: 3 Bots

Deus001, ReneeCockyUndercard, Yori

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders
FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
Lucia Lynch, The Lone Wolf

Tag Team Champions
Abdicated
#1 contender
Tag Team Glory
vs. Helldozer

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Jack The Ripper
#1 contender
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni

Hentai Champion
Aphrodite
#1 contender
Bianca Garcia

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
???

Rising Star Champion
"La Parca" Maria Castillo
#1 contender
Piper Sherwood

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

A Blast From the Past

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Blast From the Past Empty A Blast From the Past

Post by Zero Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:07 am

It hadn't been long since Abi had made the jump across the sea from South Korea to Japan. And while it had been a small jump in terms of distance, it terms of culture it was a different kettle of fish entirely. She had expected there to he some differences, but not this many.

This was however the first day she had to herself. In the past few days since her arrival the AFW and media at large had been wanting her attention. She couldn't quite believe how much of a media storm this transfer from the professional boxing to the professional wrestling circuit had created. Though part of her suspected that the AFW management wanted it this way, they wanted the attention to promote themselves. She had been whisked from press conference, to photo shot and back to the conferences again over the past few days, but today was different. Today she had no cameras following her, at least that she knew of, and she could finally go about relaxing.

Her idea of relaxing was finding a gym and exercising. Well actually it was fighting, but since she didn't exactly have any connections in the Japanese Underground that was always going to be difficult. So for today, a gym and a good workout would have to suffice. The question was where to go however. She didn't know any places and while she knew basic Japanese she would rather find an English speaking gym.

During breakfast, she spent most of her time on her phone, flicking through the gym listing she had found on several websites. Nothing piqued her interest until she came across a listing for a boxing gym called 'Rodriguez Gym'. It was English speaking and it seemed to be quiet enough that she wouldn't get bothered. However the name of the gym plagued the Korean girls mind. She had heard that name before, but she couldn't remember where. Still it wasn't very important and she was too eager to get started to worry about it.

That was what lead her to here, outside the doors of the Rodriguez Gym. She didn't enter right away, the question of where she had heard the name for had once more entered her mind. Nothing did come to mind though so she bit the bullet and entered. It felt weird being back in a boxing gym again. She hadn't been in one a few months, with the underground fighting consuming more of her life she had decided to use conventional gyms instead. There definitely was some nostalgia. Thankfully her hunch was right and the place was fairly quiet, bordering on deserted. It seemed, at least on the first impression, she had found her new home away from home.

Zero

Back to top Go down

A Blast From the Past Empty Re: A Blast From the Past

Post by acuyra Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Felina was bored.

That might not have sounded like a big deal in itself, kind of a minor problem in the grand scheme of things, but it was actually a pretty rare state of affairs for her since she’d come to Japan and settled down in Kyoto with her cousins. Japan was many, many things - confusing, loud, bright, bustling, tight, and just plain weird, but there was never a dull moment to be had, and you never had to look very hard for excitement. It had a way of finding you.

Except today. Today was the exception to that rule, no question. It hadn’t seemed that way at first, when she woke up. She had a plan to go see Leah, hang out at the mall, maybe do a little sightseeing and shopping - there was this outfit she spotted at this little boutique, a cute coquettish thing, and she was just dying to see her friend try it on.

But then Carmen had texted her, telling her that she had this surprise meeting she needed to attend in order to secure her moving over from Tension to Friction, that someone needed to keep the gym open and operate it, and with Army out and getting ready for a match tonight, well…

Yeah. Day ruined.

Instead of hanging out, she’d spent the past few hours cleaning up the gym, doing some drills with the younger trainees, and handling calls from future members, handling the day-to-day routine that Carmen typically took care of on her lonesome. It was dull, tedious, it had to be done, and she was practically praying for something to spice it up. She was in the ring, mopping up all the sweat that a previous class had left there, just hoping for something to come along.

And that was around the time she walked in. Felina heard the entrance chime and looked up to see a woman entering, looking dressed for a workout, but not one she recognized...though there was something familiar about her, even if she couldn’t place it right away. She was Asian, clearly, but not Japanese - Felina couldn’t guess where from, but she’d been around enough Japanese to tell who was and wasn’t from the island.

”Hm.” With a shrug, she tightened up her green workout shorts, straightened up her matching top, and walked over to the side of the ring and looked out at the newcomer. ”Can I help you?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Abi at first, was too distracted looking at the various pieces of gym equipment and reminiscing about the long workout sessions she used to have. She was pulled out of her train of thought by a voice from seemingly nowhere. Looking over she saw the female speaking to her. She most certainly wasn't from around here.

"Uh…. YeaYea… Hello… I am looking for a new gym to start training at. Just arrived in Japan and am looking for a place to start getting back into my boxing training."

She didn't quite know what to say, the excitement of getting back into the gym and get into her zone was taking over. She took several steps forward, placing her hands on the rings bottom rope. She looked up at the female, carrying on her sentence.

"Name is Abi, I mean my full name is Abigail Larsen. You may or may not have heard of me, being a boxing gym and all. I am looking for a quiet gym where I won't get pestered by rookies or media types. Hopefully this is that kinda place."

Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:18 pm

When the woman mentioned prior boxing training, Felina snapped to attention and took a moment to look this woman up more seriously, bringing out the same calculating eye that she would’ve had when facing an opponent. She was definitely a cut above the usual women who came into the gym, clearly not stranger to a good workout. If Felina had to guess, she’d stepped into the boxing ring a few times. Growing up with boxers, living with them 24/7, being one of a sorts, you came to recognize one on sight. Just by the way she moved and carried herself.

She’d started to go through the ropes, wanting to get ont he floor and greet the newcomer, when she said her name. ‘Abigail Larson’. She was half through the ropes when she froze solid, recognition coming over her face, a minor flashback to a rather important moment in her life.

The 2012 Olympics.

Carmen’s big match in England, competing for the gold.

Losing.

When the moment passed, she dropped all the way, and walked towards Abigail with a canted head, not bothering to hide her mounting suspicions. ”Abigail Larson? The Abigail Larson?” She fold her arms. ”And you just so happened to come to this gym, of all places?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:11 pm

Abi couldn't help but feel that she was being analysed as she watched the female went through the ropes. She very quickly crossed her arms when her name was mentioned. So she was known around here then. It didn't take that long for Abi to also realise that perhaps this woman was somewhat hostile towards her. Had she done something wrong inadvertently perhaps?

"I mean yes, My name is Abigail Larsen. I am pretty sure there is only one Abigail Larsen the boxer? Olympic gold medallist, dominatior of the the female Asian boxing divisions for the past 5 years." With that Abi took a few steps forward again, clearly this girl wanted to either start something or at least get off on the wrong foot. "I wanted to come to a boxing gym, somewhere quiet. Found this place, seemed deserted enough. Though, It seems you have a problem with me. The name Rodriguez rings a bell but I can't remember where i heard it from." It may have sounded like she was being slightly cocky, but she really didn't care. Right now she was more confused about what was going on, and why this woman recognised her so hard.

Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:30 pm

Felina was kind of torn on this one. On one hand, she’d grown used to coincidences when she joined the AFW. Maybe it was fate, maybe it was random happenstance, maybe it just boiled down to a statistics thing, but for whatever reasons, fighters had a way of gravitating towards each other in Japan. No matter how far and wide you went, there was always a real chance you’d bump into another member of the AFW, with even odds that it would be someone you knew.

But this? This seemed beyond the pale, even by the usual standards. A boxer, and not just any boxer, but the one who was the reason that Carmen’s medal was silver and not gold, coming to this gym, of all the gym in Kyoto. Granted, boxing gyms were hard to come by in the country, but even so…

No. Didn’t quite fit.

”Well, sorry, it’s just a little suspicious.” She rubbed her chin and tossed her head to the side, clearing the hair away from her eyes to get a full look at the woman, making sure she didn’t miss any hints. ”You mean to tell me you don’t recognize the name? Rodriguez? Carmen Rodriguez?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Abi had to think long and hard about what the woman was talking about. She had met many people in her career. Her own boxing career opponents list was longer than most people's list of coworkers. So it was only natural that she forgot someone every now and again.

However it wasn't until the female gave her the full name did it finally click. That magic moment where everything made sense. Carmen Rodriguez. That Rodriguez. Flashbacks to her early career were coming back to her, and the match itself started playing in her head. Carmen was the woman she faced in the Olympics back in 2012. Back then, despite her skull, Carmen was touted as the favourite. Between the duo the older woman had a far better and more famous career than her. Abi managed to create the biggest upset possible by not just beating her, but beating her rather well. It was that one match that propelled her to the height of her career, setting the stage for everything else.

"That Rodriguez. Sorry I forgot. I don't tend to remember the names of the women I defeat. I can only remember so much and remembering the name of losers takes up too much thought." The entire time she spoke, a smirk was plastered on her face. She was feeling quite smug for herself. " So this is her gym then? My the world is a small place. Still I guess it is nice, actually impressed she got a gym. After I crushed her I expected her to go work in fast food or something."

Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:34 pm

Felina decided right then and there that she didn’t like this woman.

It was pretty much a lock from the start that they would be starting on shaky ground, she knew that. While she didn’t want to hold a grudge over the woman for beating her cousin in fair competition, there was always going to be that annoying itch at the back of her head that needed scratching, hating the little stain on their family record. She could still remember all the training Carmen put herself through for that event.

But she could’ve gotten over that. Put it all behind her. Spirit of competition, fairness, blah blah blah.

But then Abigail had to go and speak, and it was all downhill from there.

”’Crushed her’, huh? That is not how I remember it going down.” She took a step forward, getting in the woman’s personal space. ”I’m guessing you don’t watch the news much, then? Carmen got gold around her waist in the AFW. How many belts’ve you been picking up?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Abi couldn't help but step forward when the woman got into her personal space. Perhaps it was all the squaring up she used to do in boxing promos. Still, there was no difference between them now, and Abi looked as smug as ever.

"If my memory serves me correctly, Carmen trained for months and months for that fight, but i ended up winning fairly cleanly. I would have preferred a clean knockout win, but beggars can't be choosers am I right?" Abi listened to Felina and her words about Carmen's success. It seemed that she had some luck here at least.

"So Carmen got a single gold belt around her waist huh? And as for my own belts well. There is the Korean Heavyweight, Japanese Heavyweight, Thailand, Vietnam; that was fun, The Philippines, Australia. Do you want me to continue? The point is, while stupid brain dead Carmen was out here, I was busy going around and asserting my dominance in the ring. Now i needed a new challenge, and after some underground fights, I decided to come over to the AFW and find some fresh meat to hang dry." With that, Abi raised her arms and pushed Felina away at the shoulders. "SO, What do you do? Are you her personal maid? Driver? Or are you just one of those low lives that tries to live in her spotlight?

Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by acuyra Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:58 am

Abigail was graduating from ‘dislike’ to ‘hate’ in record time, and Felina didn’t think it was the least bit unwarranted. The message was all too clear now - she was here to start something, and was rather determined to succeed in that endeavor.

Felina ground her teeth when Abigail listened off her accomplishments, but she guessed she only had herself to blame there, walked right into it. She hadn’t kept track of this woman’s career, but she doubted any of that was made up - it would’ve been too easy to look up and verify, no point to it.

So now, Felina was on the backfoot, with family pride on that line. And when a Rodriguez found herself in a corner, there was only one thing to do - fight out of it.

”I’m her cousin, jackass.” Felina leaned forward, hands on hips. ”And if you want to find out what I’m about, why don’t you try me in the ring and find out?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next