Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Isabella vs Adama: Siren and Fairy
by JoggingJokes Today at 1:07 am

» Rina Ninoita vs Blue Thunder Mask - Colour Clash
by Deus001 Yesterday at 6:52 pm

» On The Rise: Piper Sherwood vs Kimiko Bando for the AFW Rising Star Championship
by SigmaMorgan Yesterday at 12:57 pm

» Violent Roses: Jessie Panic VS Galina Romerno
by Deus001 Yesterday at 4:33 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Wed May 08, 2024 11:07 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 106 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 105 Guests :: 2 Bots

CrashTestDumbass

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:00 pm by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Can't We Be Friends?

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can't We Be Friends? - Page 5 Empty Re: Can't We Be Friends?

Post by LARIATO Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:44 pm

“I understand that. And even though I don’t really know either of you, it’s not that I doubt either you or Amy’s ability to fight. And it’s not my safety I’m worried about either. I’ve taken beatings before, and I don’t doubt I’ll take more before my career’s over. That’s not the issue.” Mariko begins to explain, her eyes locked on his as she spoke so he could see she meant every word.

“It’s just...” She pauses, then gives a brief sigh before continuing. “Near the end of my match with the Valkyrie, she threatened to go after my brother once she was done with me. That’s why I...well, you know...” she said scratching her head. “When they attacked me after the match, they gave me the same kind of deal they gave your friend Nathan, or at least I’m pretty sure it was the same. ‘Kiss and you’re free to go, or get your head bashed in’ sort of thing. I started with the former, ended up opting for the latter. And I’m sure you can guess what happened from there.” It might not’ve ended well for her, at all, but she still felt she made the right call that night.

“I could’ve just kissed that bitch and been done with it, but then I’m sure she still would’ve wanted payback for what happened in the match. I let myself become a sacrificial lamb for her to take her aggressions out on so my brother wouldn’t have to deal with it. But if I join this fight with you too, that gives them more reason to make good on their the against my brother. I don’t care what happens to me, but I won’t risk his safety.” She didn’t like using her brother as a reason to avoid something like this, especially considering she genuinely believed in the cause Blaise and Amy were fighting for. But she’d never forgive herself if she dragged Yamato into something that ended up hurting him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Blaise maintains his position, nodding along with the information Mariko gives. His back straightens when she brings her brother into it, blinking. Her reasoning is laid out on the table, his expression drops. "Oh," he says, weighty. "I... I get it. Wow." He places a hand to the back of his neck, studying Mariko across from him. "Well... we'll have to explain to Amy, but I'm sure I can say this for us both: if you find that you need help? We'll be there."

But where is Amy? He cranes his neck to scan the room for a blonde ponytail bobbing about.

Back to top Go down

Post by snappleR Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Amy wasn't dawdling; she was waiting for the bartender to fix up her drink: a Final Ward, because she decided that something citrusy and acidic would be the perfect digestif to such a greasy meal. The table was within earshot of the bar, though, and she was keeping up with the conversation... even through the unwieldy, jarring notes of the band. Ugh, jazz.

So she could hear Mariko's reservations, and, on some level, she could even understand them. Amy swept back to the table, cocktail glass in hand. She put a supportive hand on Blaise's shoulder as she retook her seat. "The bartender here is fantastic," she gushed as she found a coaster for her glass. She slid her drink carefully across the table. "Mariko, want to try?"

Amy didn't think that Mariko was likely to change her mind. She didn't grow up with siblings, but she understood protectiveness, and the protectiveness that radiated from Mariko now felt absolute. But the only other name she had on her list for her little team was Nathaniel Weed, and she really didn't want to have to resort to that. She decided to take a step back for a moment. "Sounds like you really love your brother. How much older are you than him? How did you guys get into wrestling?"
snappleR
snappleR

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:40 pm

It seemed Mariko wouldn’t have to explain herself again after all. Only seconds after Blaise mentioned Amy, the blonde slid right back into her seat with a drink in hand. “He is, isn’t he?” Mariko replied with a slight chuckle.The glass then slid across the table, coming to a steady stop right in front of Mariko. Very nice aim. “Don’t mind if I do.” she said before taking a sip from the drink. “Mmm. Not bad at all. You've got pretty good taste.” She then slid it right back across to Amy.

“He’s actually a couple years older than I am.” Mariko answered. Being the younger of the two did feel a bit strange at times, especially considering the childish personality Yamato had. “We were both hardcore fans of it since childhood. As far as wrestling, we're both pretty much self taught, though I also took a couple years of private jiujitsu lessons. But Yamato was the first one to ever tell me I had any actual talent for it. His encouragement’s the reason I’m even here in the first place.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:51 pm

A hand touches down on Blaise's shoulder, and he offers the blonde a warm smile when she takes her seat. From there, he just lets them talk for a bit, uninterrupted.

Until wrasslin' were discussed.

"That's so cool. Chasin' the dream, huh? You and your brother? You two tag team? You should tag up. I wish I could convince my sister to even get interested in wrestling. Heck, any of my family! You're pretty lucky. I feel stupid for not seeing any of your guys' matches so far. I oughtt'a look into that. Siblings in the ring, so cool. But that might cause some drama if you two ever face each other, right?"

Pant. Pant. Swallow. Inhale. And then, sheepishly, "Aheh. Sorry." It's not difficult to get him in a chatty mood. "Point is, it's cool. I get why you're protective. I would be, too."

Back to top Go down

Post by snappleR Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 am

"Taught yourselves, eh?" Amy mused, her drink swirling in its glass. "You guys do do tag, right? Weren't you guys gunning for the tag titles at Showdown this year?" Amy asked the question, but she already knew the answer. She had been in the crowd during that event. "That's pretty impressive for a couple of self-taught wrestlers. You guys are really good. Both of you fought really well."

Amy lightly and affectionately patted the top of Blaise's hair. There there, good boy. "He sounds like a supportive big brother. I get where you're coming from. I'm with Blaise; both of us would be protective of family."

Then she put her drink down and folded her hands. "I don't want to pressure you too much, here, since we've only just met, and it's completely your call. But Nathan thought he was being protective of me when he did what he did, and the Valkyries exploited that. They get off on being controlling, and, if they knew that they could manipulate you into compliance this way, they're going to walk all over you. This is blackmail, and, the moment they get bored of that, they're just going to go ahead and do whatever they want anyway."

The drink came back up. "I'm not exactly somebody that wants or needs protecting; Nathan made me feel pretty shitty in the ring that day. And your brother also looks like somebody that knows to take care of himself. I don't want to presume anything, because I've never met the guy. But do you think he'd be happy to know that his little sister offered herself up as the "sacrificial lamb" to these women for his sake?"
snappleR
snappleR

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:09 pm

“We sure were.” Mariko confirmed with a nod when Amy mentioned the Showdown match. “Thanks. I really do appreciate that. And I’ll be sure to pass that compliment on to Yamato next time I see him.” This was actually the first time anyone outside of that match had complimented her on their efforts from that night. All that came to mind when Mariko thought about it was that painful moment when she’d been forced to tap out right in front of Yamato. So it was definitely nice to have something positive to think about it for a change.

“I understand why you feel the way you do about what happened with Nathan. But consider the alternative: he doesn’t do what they want, and as a result has to watch as you get the living hell beat out of you, maybe even seriously injuring you. Can you honestly say you would’ve preferred that? I’m living proof of what they wouldn’t have hesitated to do. The beating I got almost kept me from competing at Showdown. And they easily could’ve taken even further if they’d felt like it.” Mariko didn’t want to comment too much on Nathan’s situation, considering she’d only heard about it and likely didn’t know the full story. Still, she felt his actions had helped Amy dodge a bullet, the same kind of bullet Mariko was trying to keep as far away from Yamato as possible.

Speaking of Yamato, Amy’s question as to how he’d react to all this elicited a chuckle from Mariko. “I’ll tell you exactly what he’d do. He’d tear Kyoto apart looking for those bitches and try to take them on by himself. Wouldn’t even think about looking for allies. And as much as I’d appreciate the sentiment, we all know by now that three against one doesn’t make for very good odds.” She sighed, then lifted her glass to take another drink of her wine. “I know I can’t guarantee his safety no matter what I do. But I do know his chances will look better if I sit this one out.” It almost pained her to say it. She wanted to help them out, but she just felt like she wasn’t in a good position to do so.

“And it’s exactly for that reason that I’d very much appreciate if neither of you say anything about this to him if you ever happen to see him. He doesn’t watch any matches of mine involving ‘hentai-ish’ elements, so he didn’t see what happened. And I’d prefer if he stays ignorant about it for as long as possible.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Blaise reaches up to swat lightly at Amy's hand as she gives those condescending pats, "Staahhp."

The two talk, and his bright blue gaze flits from Mariko to Amy, then back again. He wasn't the sort to badger someone; not when they seemed to have a justifiable reason for doing what they did. And it sounds like Mariko's situation practically mirrored what happened with Amy and Nathan - only if Nathan hadn't given in to their demands. But he also knows Amy's a different person. She would've preferred to weather the beating than feel betrayed.

So it's a matter of different strokes. While he'd like to have evened the odds, they're going to have to manage with two. And while that's dicey, one look at Blaise's face would shoo away any doubt; he's all understanding smiles and positive energy.

"Don't worry. We've got this. Would'a loved to have you with us, but," as he keeps saying, "we get it. And we're not gonna blab to your bro. But you're not gettin' off scott-free."

The teen leans forward again, his smile turning impish. "You have to promise to cheer really loud when we stop their rampage."

Last edited by CyanDimitrik on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by snappleR Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Amy shot Blaise a look; she still had more to say. But, in the end, Amy bit her tongue, turned back to Mariko, and nodded. Blaise had good judgment, and she trusted it. She wasn't sure if Mariko could be swayed, but it was probably true that pushing the issue too far would alienate her, and creating a new enemy was the precise opposite of what they'd come here to do.

"Yeah, you can trust us about Yamato; hearing about his sister's hentai match is probably not something we could get him to sit down for anyway. If you do change your mind though..." Amy held her cell phone up beside her face, making her thin silver chain bracelet bounce around against it. They had each other's numbers.
snappleR
snappleR

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Mariko’s attention shifted to Blaise as he spoke. His expression showed there were no hard feelings toward her for declining their offer, which she very much appreciated. He and Amy both seemed like good people, and she would’ve loved to help them out. But under the circumstances, she just didn’t feel she was the person for the job.

She did raise an eyebrow in curiosity when Blaise said she wasn’t getting off “scott-free,” wondering what he meant by that. But once he explained, Mariko smiled and chuckled. “Of course. I promise.”

She then looked at Amy again as she spoke. And when the blonde held out her phone to show their numbers, Mariko took out her own to put the numbers on her contacts list. “If I change my mind, you guys will know right away.” she said. “Oh, and one more thing.” She grinned toward Amy. “The next time you see Divine, give her a good slap across the face for me. Actually, make it a punch instead. You seem like you’re pretty good with those.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next