Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Anna Sigrid(Snow)
by APlaying Yesterday at 11:07 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 10:27 pm

» No Pains, No Gains! (for TheLoneWanderer)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2023 - Shinobu vs. Alizeh
by LilyStar Yesterday at 9:55 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Topic: Wrestling?

+27
KillerV
LARIATO
mnpinner
freeko
Deus001
Teesta
ThunderFox
M.J.Caboose14
Mystery Dragon
Vcom7418
xalex
SleeperAgent94
kerflubble
Lobo
jakeb1993
TheEditor1023
Gadot
Serpon
rhapsody
TiefBlau
scorn53
Alexandra
acuyra
killcarrion
Old_Man_Tai
FlameofHope
Tatyina
31 posters

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 4 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Mystery Dragon Sat May 07, 2016 8:26 am

Yeah you'd think but we'd have a lot of big stars in main events if that's what they did.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sat May 07, 2016 8:28 am

I understand a lot of the releases, but that one really I don't get. Like, I understand the Barret one and I liked him. I understand most of that list. I don't understand Sandow one bit but he was probably my second favorite wrestler in the league, so I'm a lil biased.

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat May 07, 2016 9:50 am

Its what WWE does when they have no creative ideas for someone and no plans to push them. Ever.

In other news, Val Venis took to twitter today to say Ryback and Cameron don't understand economics if they want and expect lower card jobbers to make equal money to main eventers, which is something Ryback has stated he basically wants.

Ryback feels every star should be paid equally, no matter their spot on the card, because its scripted.

That's...kind of a flawed argument. Sure, you're all scripted in the ring, but that doesn't mean your all equal. Even when Ryback was "mega-over" he never, not once, came even close to touching John Cena in merchandise sales, PPV buys, live crowd attendance, ratings, personal/promotional appearances, or anything that actually mattered or made money for the company.

But Ryback thinks he deserves equal pay to Cena.

By Ryback's logic, then back in the 80's, when Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Randy Savage, and Roddy Piper were the number 1 guys who sold all the tickets and made all the money, little worthless jobber Barry Horowitz, who never sold a dime, deserved to be paid equal to them.

Ryback's theory seems to be "Well, you need both of us in the ring, so we're equals, and should be paid equally"...but it doesn't work like that. You get paid based on what the company feels you are worth, and that is based on what you bring to the company in return, and that depends on a bunch of factors outside the ring as well as what happens in the ring.

In Merchandise alone, Ryback's never even been a top ten seller. AJ Styles started outselling him soon after debuting, and hell, if we include NXT, then last august even Jushin Thunder Liger, on his ONE appearance, and ONE shirt, managed to outsell Ryback merchandise last august.

Ryback's merchandise doesn't really sell, he's not over with the crowd,(as evident when he won the IC title...the only reaction he ever got with that belt was when he lost it to Kevin Owens and we all cheered) he can't cut a promo or get a real personality to save his life, (and no, yelling "STUPID" and "DA BIG GUY" doesn't count) and at his absolute BEST, he's...mediocre in the ring.

He's boring as fuck even in the best of times, but he once stated he feels he's the guy to replace John Cena.

Sorry Ryback, but just because you read "The Secret", (a ridiculous self help book which can be boiled down to "JUST THINK ABOUT IT REALLY FUCKING HARD AND IT'LL COME TRUE!" doesn't mean you're the next John Cena. It doesn't mean you'll main event Wrestlemania or become world champion, and it certainly doesn't mean you deserve equal pay with people that work harder than you do and benefit the company far more than you ever could. Oh well. Boo fucking hoo. There are worse tragedies in the world and there are far more talented and deserving wrestlers that never got that themselves.

You're not fucking special. Get over yourself.

Edit: As for Ryback trying to trademark "The Big Guy"...Yeah, he should get that. He filed his claim for it like, months before WWE did, so in fairness, he SHOULD get the rights to it and be able to make money off of it when he's the next TNA Champion or whatever he does after he leaves WWE. Considering WWE's legal team and contracts they have people sign though...can't guarantee he'll get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Sat May 07, 2016 10:14 am

He doesn't want perfectly equal pay, he's saying that the lower card guys should be compensated more because they can't run tours/shows just from the top guys, and that they do a service in putting them over repeatedly so they CAN sell the merch/pop a buyrate etc. His lack of drawing power is more down to WWE decision making as his two main event programs (vs Punk before mania 29 and vs Cena afterwards) did remarkably well for a guy who'd just been doing jobber squashes for a few months and was indeed tipped by Stephanie as the person to replace Cena until the inevitable Macmahon thing happened and they lost interest. Heck, you can point to yesterdays firings and see just how arbitrary the system is with the release of Damien Sandow who did nothing but turn the chicken shit he was given into chicken salad.

He wants a union of wrestlers for better conditions and compensations, regardless of card position they are on the road for the majority of the year and are working a very dangerous profession with little to no designated vacation breaks. Something Jesse Ventura was trying to set up in the 80s before Hogan ratted him out.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystery Dragon Sat May 07, 2016 10:23 am

Old_Man_Tai wrote:Its what WWE does when they have no creative ideas for someone and no plans to push them. Ever.

In other news, Val Venis took to twitter today to say Ryback and Cameron don't understand economics if they want and expect lower card jobbers to make equal money to main eventers, which is something Ryback has stated he basically wants.

Ryback feels every star should be paid equally, no matter their spot on the card, because its scripted.

That's...kind of a flawed argument. Sure, you're all scripted in the ring, but that doesn't mean your all equal. Even when Ryback was "mega-over" he never, not once, came even close to touching John Cena in merchandise sales, PPV buys, live crowd attendance, ratings, personal/promotional appearances, or anything that actually mattered or made money for the company.

But Ryback thinks he deserves equal pay to Cena.

By Ryback's logic, then back in the 80's, when Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Randy Savage, and Roddy Piper were the number 1 guys who sold all the tickets and made all the money, little worthless jobber Barry Horowitz, who never sold a dime, deserved to be paid equal to them.

Ryback's theory seems to be "Well, you need both of us in the ring, so we're equals, and should be paid equally"...but it doesn't work like that. You get paid based on what the company feels you are worth, and that is based on what you bring to the company in return, and that depends on a bunch of factors outside the ring as well as what happens in the ring.

In Merchandise alone, Ryback's never even been a top ten seller. AJ Styles started outselling him soon after debuting, and hell, if we include NXT, then last august even Jushin Thunder Liger, on his ONE appearance, and ONE shirt, managed to outsell Ryback merchandise last august.

Ryback's merchandise doesn't really sell, he's not over with the crowd,(as evident when he won the IC title...the only reaction he ever got with that belt was when he lost it to Kevin Owens and we all cheered) he can't cut a promo or get a real personality to save his life, (and no, yelling "STUPID" and "DA BIG GUY" doesn't count) and at his absolute BEST, he's...mediocre in the ring.

He's boring as fuck even in the best of times, but he once stated he feels he's the guy to replace John Cena.

Sorry Ryback, but just because you read "The Secret", (a ridiculous self help book which can be boiled down to "JUST THINK ABOUT IT REALLY FUCKING HARD AND IT'LL COME TRUE!" doesn't mean you're the next John Cena. It doesn't mean you'll main event Wrestlemania or become world champion, and it certainly doesn't mean you deserve equal pay with people that work harder than you do and benefit the company far more than you ever could. Oh well. Boo fucking hoo. There are worse tragedies in the world and there are far more talented and deserving wrestlers that never got that themselves.

You're not fucking special. Get over yourself.

Edit: As for Ryback trying to trademark "The Big Guy"...Yeah, he should get that. He filed his claim for it like, months before WWE did, so in fairness, he SHOULD get the rights to it and be able to make money off of it when he's the next TNA Champion or whatever he does after he leaves WWE. Considering WWE's legal team and contracts they have people sign though...can't guarantee he'll get it.
Tai you clearly have it out for the big guy, you don't address anything we've been saying and ignored the points he's made in his blog to say stuff that isn't at all what he's saying. I can recall two live event where there was tons of Ryback merch sold during his IC run, he's proven he very much can draw before he lost momentum to poor booking and he's always looked out for other wres,tears even before he was huge. He's not some egomaniac dude.
Mystery Dragon
Mystery Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 am

I would say he worked his way up from mediocre to average in the ring, but I basically get this point. Even when I also find it ridiculous that a guy who knees himself in the face when he shows a new move after literally a decade of the same old shit does not get flak for that and gets payed royally.
I also agree in finding him boring 9/10 times at the start of his career, no matter if it was a "promo" or a match.

What I actually find funny is that AdR is as boring as watching paint dry(although I am not sure if some colors could be even more exciting to watch dry) and has probably never drewn a dime from the Mexican market when he wrestled in WWE, no matter if he was face or heel. Still he gets rehired and airtime over and over again. Was he ever on the cover of a bodybuilding magazine or something?^^

A union would make life really complicated for Vinnie Mac. Not because he could not afford to pay reasonable compensations, he probably just does not want to pay it and would go to court to sue them for this and that just for the heck of it.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat May 07, 2016 11:02 am

Supposedly John Cena makes like, 8 million dollars a year or something like that.

No way in hell is he going to give that up so the mid and lower card people can benefit from a wrestling union.

and while they don't make THAT much, I doubt the other talents would want to risk their nice pay either. Hogan and the main eventers of the 80s didn't, Austin, Rock, Bret Hart and HBK in the 90s didn't, HHH didn't in the 2000s, and on and on it will go.

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Sat May 07, 2016 11:45 am

Funny you talk about HBK in the 90s. One of the functions of the Kliq was disputing low paydays, notably Nash got payed less at one survivor series for wrestling a main event than Shawn got for a run-in, Nash found out from Shawn and then called up the office to demand an equal payoff to HBK.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sat May 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Tatyina wrote:You would think someone with the ability to get over no matter how shitty the gimmick would be someone they would want to shoot upward.

Do you forget what company this is? >__>

Hey remember when Barret was over as fuck with the Bad News gimmick so they made him stop doing it and stopped calling him Bad News? >__<
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Sat May 07, 2016 7:04 pm

you poor people who still watch WWE.

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next