by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 5:43 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Yori Today at 1:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 143 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 143 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Topic: Wrestling?

+25
XSirenX
Maxy
bricktown
Lobo
FlameofHope
BCG
Deus001
Cy_Man
Bluemouse
LunarWolf
Underdog21
skati
CenaFan1991
daemongirl
Alexandra
Old_Man_Tai
Kitten
KillerV
Jizzelle
UrbanChamp
kerflubble
Tatyina
TiefBlau
Admin
Harrier
29 posters

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? Empty Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Harrier Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I know that may sound ridiculous on a board called Anime Female Wrestling, but how about a thread about wrestling? No derailing any other theme or anything, wrestling from the start?

Ok, get your tomatoes and stones(for the fans of hardcore wrestling) ready.

Shows right now:
TNA: Aces and Eights and BFG series are great. Hard to believe, but Impact is very much superior to RAW at the moment. Marked out for Robbie E victory, would not happen in 1000 years in the WWE, very nice booked!
NXT: Not as good as it used to be at the end of the last season, but still better than RAW and picking momentum. Rachel Diaz and Ascension are cheesy but still way more interesting than many wrestler in SD and Raw. My Fear is that WWE will call Steamboat and Bo Rotunda to the main shows first, both are bland and generic enough(Rotunda seems much more bland than Steamboat, but still) to go for the top before Rollins and Hero. How Mahal can be booked into a main event of any kind is just amazing for me.
SD: Rhodes vs. Sin Cara feud is better than nothing for both, Orton vs Del Rio was a nice touch, Kofi/Truth vs Primo/Epico was meh and Ryback vs Mahal was of no interest for me cause of Mahal, Ziggler vs. Sheamus and Aksana vs Cobra a tragedy. Also liked Divas backstage, although Kaitlyn is a little wooden.
RAW: Left me confused. Why is Punk demanding respect? He beat Cena as clean as possible for a non legend and has a lengthy reign, what is it with the lost respect? Or did I get something wrong? Cena stays ME and demolishes any non-legend talent, Championship is co-maineventing when Cena has the belt, no questions asked. It's just an happening, like going from monday to tuesday.
Ryder buried, that's just sad. Totally pointless Tagteam matches. Wow, the women battle royal was only a step away from a walkout except for the superkick and a massively improved Alicia Fox. Lesnar/HBK. Kind of pointless? Still nice with the ref! Ryback jobbers match. No comment. Y2J saves us(as face) along with Dolph Ziggler and then leaves. Orton vs Del Rio. Nice. Sandow vs Clay. Not great, but ok.

Leaves the question to me of how hard it can be to find a really good japanese or mexican wrestler for some nice (masked?) wrestling opponents for Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio, with storyline maybe?

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Topic: Wrestling? Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Admin Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Getting a masked Japanese, notoriously quick and strong wrestler for the likes of Rey and Sin, would add a promising storyline indeed, good thinking. I thought the likes of Tensai would be something new, masked probably, but nope, turns out to be a hulking bad guy wrestler. Which makes me wonder if there's a "wrestler wanted" advert in the paper's (silly question) or simply sending a few scouters to search for the new.

Admin
Site Admin

http://afwrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TiefBlau Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:13 pm

[quote="Harrier":3gez2uki]
Ryder buried, that's just sad.

I agreed with nearly everything you said up until this. I still, to this day, think people only like Ryder because he went on the internet and did a bunch of stupid crap that wasn't EVER funny in the slightest. He's not entertaining whatsoever, in the ring or on the mic. He's a total joke and until he gets out of the gimmick the HE HIMSELF MADE, there's no way he can be taken seriously.

TiefBlau

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Sad thing is that Lord Trainbert(that's pure IWC gold for a name!) is actually a good wrestler, but as usual WWE softens the wrestlers moves to a point where their matches are boring for most of the time. Notable exception was Sheamus vs Tensai, that match was really nice. Or Orton matches in general, Orton probably gives a shit about playing safe.I am not really versed in Japanese or Mexican wrestling, but there must be guys who are great workers and speak enough english to come to the WWE for some high flying action?

Watched Jeff Hardy vs Robbie T today, also Mahal vs Ryback. The difference in the wrestling intensity is like day and night. Robbie T is not sold as monster(the guy wears a jacket like if he was a college freshman) but is way more intimidating and intense than Ryback, and to compare Hardy to Mahal is just not justifiable, Spotmonkey or not. And blood or chairshots are not the factors that make TNA better, it's story and match quality. Even Tessmacher vs Tara was great and had a simple but very good story! Aksana could never ever have such a match, and WWE prefers to hide their good female wrestler behind a dancer or lets them fart as a gimmick... -.-

Ryder should not be main eventing and Hawkins > Ryder, but still, this burial is too much. With Reks leaving, they should team again. Ryder was over and still is to a certain point, but WWE does not care. If that would not be so ridiculously stupid, I would guess that Ryder gets buried because he got himself over and McMahon hated it.

Last edited by 8345 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Tyler Reks is gone?

NOOOOOOoooooo..........

My hopes for the Funkasaurus Reks Tag Team are forever dashed ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:06 pm

He left to take care of his kids, so it wasn't as though he was straight up shitcanned.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyina Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:19 pm

I bet he wouldn't have left if he they had been doing things with him.

and I don't think you understand the sheer awesomeness of Funkasaurus Recks >_____________-<

Akashi Fem Gab Luk Nik Yuu
(M)Managers, (W)restlers, etc:
Abbey Belle
et al.
Tatyina
Tatyina

Back to top Go down

Post by UrbanChamp Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 pm

[quote="Tatyina":2f4soldl]Tyler Reks is gone?

NOOOOOOoooooo..........

My hopes for the Funkasaurus Reks Tag Team are forever dashed ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

Honestly, the first time I saw Clay's gimmick change...I said "WTF is this shit?". He's got the same moves, but the gimmick is just seriously "WTF" when you look at what he used to be. He'll go back to his monster heel attitude eventually. I know that sometimes the WWE makes "suggestions" for wrestlers and they have to change gimmicks. Those types of things are in their contract.

UrbanChamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jizzelle Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Sin Cara isn't worth their investment. If I recall correctly, they had to reshoot an entire match because Sin Cara botched so many time. He botched himself out of the fucking match in Survivor Series. You just don't do that.
Jizzelle
Jizzelle

Back to top Go down

Post by UrbanChamp Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:57 pm

[quote="Jizzelle":3uaeltm8]Sin Cara isn't worth their investment. If I recall correctly, they had to reshoot an entire match because Sin Cara botched so many time. He botched himself out of the fucking match in Survivor Series. You just don't do that.

Then how in the fuck was he doing so well a few years ago and was, for a while, the most popular wrestler in Mexico and ranked #3 on the PWI 500???

UrbanChamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next