Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Early Morning Blues
by Yori Today at 9:21 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Yori Today at 7:46 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Aphrodite vs. Queen Cobra
by ARStudios2000 Today at 7:31 am

» Squishing a Jobber: A No DQ, Handicap, I Quit Match! Isabella & Jaqueline VS Squishy! (For Deus)
by Blue_Snakie Today at 1:30 am

» Violent Roses: Jessie Panic VS Galina Romerno
by M.J.Caboose14 Yesterday at 10:31 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 143 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 142 Guests :: 2 Bots

Yori

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Topic: Wrestling?

+20
Vcom7418
Mystery Dragon
M.J.Caboose14
Old_Man_Tai
acuyra
kerflubble
Alexandra
Serpon
BootsForSpooks
BritBrat
Yori
St.Ambs
SleeperAgent94
LtLukas
Link-mon
LARIATO
FlameofHope
killcarrion
SimplyMoon
Lobo
24 posters

Page 35 of 74 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 54 ... 74  Next

Go down

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 35 Empty Re: Topic: Wrestling?

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 am

Eh, saying Braun would have mainstream appeal is a bit iffy. For starters, how over would he actually have gotten if he hadn't been beating the shit out of Roman Reigns all of 2017?

Plus I can't see Strowman being much of a media guy, Romans in a better spot to be the media guy they want their champion to be.

That being said, serious props to Braun Strowman, in 2015, all ANYBODY was saying about him was that he was a green as grass big muscle guy with absolutely zero business being in WWE, especially at a time when people were still creaming over getting Owens and Zayn and Itami and Finn onto the roster.

Now people are debating if he could really be the next big mainstream star, that's fucking impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 am

It is all a matter of presentation.

*If the Miz had stayed relevant his whole WWE career, he would be a candidate for the main press guy of WWE. He will never fully please hardcore wrestling fans, but that group is obviously not the majority.
*Minus his moustache, Rick Rude was the most defined and good looking wrestling guy that I have ever seen, the man was basically a living statue. He was also a rather competent wrestler and jack of many trades regarding styles with lots of experience. I am pretty sure that he would be a huge womanizer and addvertising star today if he had still picked a random woman out of the crowd and attempted to swoop kiss her like the soldier and the nurse from WWII.
*A gold medal always draws. Kurt Angle is also a very good performer, but the medal alone will draw in a nationalist country like the USA. Imagine if Carl Lewis had found his love for wrestling, people would have burned down the walls of a hall to see him from afar.
*John Morrison had many things going for him. Good looking, flashy entrance, flashy performance. Let him be the Shaman of Sexy not only by the word of a middle aged commentator but with gorgeous women at his side in video clips where he sits in the Lotus Seat on a cushioned palace as a hippie guru and watch the money flow in with commercials. When Shawn was featured on the cover of Playgirl, people of both genders were unstoppable in buying it. Morrison could have gone a similar way.

WWE simply dfoes not want these people to shine more than the brand, backstage politics also play a role I assume. Of course they would jump ship sooner or later then, but in this way WWE will never rise from being a soso sized brand who holds people down. Mainstream appeal comes with a prize and hard work.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 am

Neither the Miz, nor WWE needs to focus on pleasing the hardcore crowd. The hardcore crowd has literally the entire indy scene and the entire U.K. scene and the entire Japan scene all vying for their attention. WWE needs to focus on the mainstream.

Miz pretty much is the personification of a WWE guy, and while he may not be the top star of stars, he does plenty of media for them as is and could do more if they ever chanced giving him another run on top.

You clearly aren't paying attention to the social issues of the USA today if you think Rick Rude, or someone doing a Rick Rude gimmick, would actually work in WWE today. Handpicking women out of the crowd and trying to force a kiss upon them would get WWE MAJOR heat with mainstream media, they would be crucified, and considering the reasons behind the #metoo and #timesup movements, it would just be in poor taste. Sure you could argue the character could make a good heel, but thats not the kind of heat you want brought down on you.

The fact that your saying HBK's playgirl was a major seller implies that you actually looked into the statistics of HBK's Playgirl issue...which...I mean...why would you look that up? Also, it's a PG show. Morrison in Playgirl would be a no go. Also, Morrisons own ego held him back as much as anything else, dude was/is known to be a bit of a prick to deal with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 am

I thought of this as examples, not something to copy 1:1, should have made that clearer. I made the refence with Shawn because I had at this time no idea that a magazine like Playgirl even existed.

If memory serves me right, Rick Rude never forced women to anything. He would invite them in the ring and offer a kiss which he most of the time still did not pull through. None of the women seemed terrified, degraded or something like hat. Maybe they were also picked before or planted, but maybe you will agree with me that this is a direct interaction a sport and entertainment thing like wrestling is suited for. The whole act was so much PG that you could show it on many conservative meetings without many eyebrows raised. You could make it like an announcer letting interested women take part in a lottery before the event with a short live trailer showing which number is picked and how the woman is excited and stuff. Wrestling is exhibitionism and the appeal of combat up to a certain point anyway. Nobody is talking about the kiss my ass club or woman with more silicon than a certain valley barking on the lap of a CEO.
And as we are speaking about degrading and PG, how PG is it to douse a helpless man with barbeque sauce?

HHH and the Rock were on the cover of bodybuilder magazines multiple times. Muscle and fitness has a distribution of 320K per anno. Not exactly mainstream if you ask me, just about fitting for a company the size of WWE. Really big magazines(People, 3.7 million readers) or feeds will feature you if you are presented like main stream material like the Rock, not because you are the CEO of WWE. The Rock had to kind of break free of WWE to become this big. Cena could be on a similar way lately. Run with your guys, do not throw sticks between their legs. The Rock could have also chosen to shit on the WWE after his contract ended, WWE was lucky at this point.

WWE should finally decide if they are looking for immersive entertainment with all its consequences, or a long running pseudo-reality show with amateur actors who happened to be gymnasts, stuntmen, strongmen, greeko roman wrestlers, MMA Fighters and circus freaks.

Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:01 am

"Enzo Amore Suspended Over Sexual Assault Allegations, Incident Under Investigation by Police."

And you can't...teach...that.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/enzo-amore-rape-allegations/#.Wmay5jeQwdU

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:30 am

AND RAW 25 FAILED US ALL! PRAY FOR THE REVIVAL FAILED TOO!

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vcom7418 Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 am

I hate this fucking company...

GASTER (Friction)
Alice Gaster (Tension)
S.A.S. (Tag Team)
Chika Igarashi (Friction)
Vera Sapphire (Tension)

Open to PMs at any time. Also, all the time on Discord: Vcom7418#0756

Despite the primary show mentioned in the brackets, my gals are all open for matches on both brands (though I would like them to be more on their primary show Razz)
Vcom7418
Vcom7418

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 am

Why be surprised? It is the message WWE always sends with retired legends, they are better than the current superstars. Exhibit A: The Revival was humbled. If you still compete more or less regularly, you are just old and washed up.

Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by killcarrion Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 pm

It's not a good sign when your announcer's fall asleep during your wrestling program.

Topic: Wrestling? - Page 35 RV1QIgQ

Last edited by killcarrion on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by M.J.Caboose14 Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Yeah...bless those two...damn everything else

(AND ENZO WAS FIIIIREEEDDD after first being suspended)

M.J.Caboose14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 74 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 54 ... 74  Next