Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Live To Serve (For Scourger)
by Deus001 Today at 6:04 pm

» Saori Saito vs. Catherine Celestial (mid-show undercard)
by Blade/speranza Today at 8:39 am

» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 12:25 am

» Gyro Zeppeli vs Blanc and Noir - Cowboys and Bunnies
by Deus001 Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Tag Match: Daichi Kurozu/John Carnaby vs Koto-Chan/Adama Saadia
by Scourger X Fri May 10, 2024 8:28 am

Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 1 Bot

anon4you

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:00 pm by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Ideas Moving Forward

+19
Liesmith
TheRacker
LunarWolf
Kelsea
acuyra
LtLukas
Mystery Dragon
Harrier
hamish1024
scorn53
IndigoDragon
SleeperAgent94
LARIATO
Alexandra
Old_Man_Tai
TheWamts
TripleHelix
Lobo
jakeb1993
23 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

5 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas Moving Forward

Post by LARIATO Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:26 pm

I'm in strong disagreement for 2,3 and 5. (Not a fan of 4 either, but it's mostly those other three)

2. Limiting characters per person sounds like it would stifle creativity quite a bit to me. Sometimes people get ideas for characters that aren't like the ones they have and want to use them. It's ok if some characters don't get used as much. If the writer is less interested in them than their other characters, it's probably better that way. As for the benchmark thing, if a person loves Tension but doesn't like Friction, they only get to make up to three characters? And for people with more than the limit of characters for either or both brands, would they have to just get rid of characters until they meet the limit? I get the intention behind it, but that doesn't sound practical at all to me.

3. I'm all for RPing with people I haven't done stuff with yet. I've been here for a little over a year and a half and there's still a lot of people I'd like to RP with but haven't yet. But forcing characters into matches can be profoundly inconvenient for the character and/or writer. Like, if I've already got as many RPs as I can handle going on and then I get a PM saying "Ok Mariko Ishii now has a match with *insert any character here*, Have fun!" I'd probably get really annoyed, even if it's with a character or writer I'd otherwise love to work with. If someone's doing an RP because they're forced to rather than because they're interested in it, it becomes a chore rather than fun. Randomized matchups in tournaments or something like that though, all good with me.

5. Sounds like it would get overcomplicated, and create way more problems than it would solve. Not to mention it seems like it would penalize people if they can't find a way to be active 24/7. I wasn't around for the previous ranking system but I've heard horror stories, and I think this would just take things down the same road in the long run.

Not trying to shit all over your ideas. I think it's great that we have a community where people can put their ideas forth so we can all throw our two cents in on the matter. Just can't see most of the suggestions here working out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Alexandra wrote:
I would say that with Tat's departure from the board, a rift has been highlighted. Its not about veterans and newbies, or even the good and the bad RPers, but i think it has been highlighted that we are not ONE AFW; We are actually a group of small AFW universes that happen to co-exist. Now i know certain board members don't like it when this is bought up, but there are RPing circles on this board, and when you get into one it can be difficult to get out of them.

Imma touch on this after all.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all. Certain people enjoy RPing with certain other people. That's just the way it works. Whether it's because they have stories with that person, or they're really good friends with them, people are going to flock to people they like.

Should some of us try branching out of our circles more often? Sure, absolutely, but there's no way to ENFORCE people doing that without pissing them the hell off.

This. The reason I like working with the people I work with is because I like and have fun working with them. We can have a good exchange of creative ideas. Our writing and RPing styles mesh, our characters have chemistry together and our ways of writing a match in the ring flow well together, and we're friends outside of AFW as well, and I still branch out to face new people.

But if you force me to drop that and work with someone who I probably don't want to work with, (since otherwise I would have already branched out to him), and who I won't have the same chemistry and friendship with, then I'm not going to enjoy it, and it will just piss me off and make me grumble at whoever is in charge for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Just for the record, Jake, none of us are trying to shit on your ideas or anything. We're just trying to explain why most of them aren't good ideas.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by SleeperAgent94 Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 pm

As a new guys here with not a lot of time under my belt, I'd say the ranking system is a hard no. Im not the best writer, but if i built Dave Blake up for a title shot, but get shut down by the higher ups (whether it be the character, my writing etc) it would piss me off honestly. We really dont have to micromanage everyone, as i feel its alot better to branch out naturally.

Woul di like to rp with some of the big names here? Of course! But forcing matches doesnt help much.

Cant see most of these working out.

5 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 WC85WE4
SleeperAgent94
SleeperAgent94

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWamts Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:59 pm

I'm mainly against number 3 because enough people dislike my RPing already, no reason to force others to suffer through my shit wrtiting.

5 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 SAdcZrM5 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 MVRLLQm5 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 I82ome35 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 UAjmKPC5 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 MAai8oK5 - Ideas Moving Forward - Page 2 SiB6bEf

+ Two & B
TheWamts
TheWamts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Don't take it all to hear Jake.

As a vet. My advice is just do what you wanna do and have fun.

Tension: Clyde Gastin Dulsa  Youkai Kid
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by IndigoDragon Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:07 pm

I like the term 'Main faces of the brand'

Although thats more of a personal thing since I have no idea who that would be? But that would lead to several opinions and fighting. I just wonder sometimes how popular some of my own chars are to others but thats just me :p

But the site isn't broke. So it dont need any fixing.

Although I would like a better search system...

HOME SERIES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Home X, Home X2: Goodnight, but not Goodbye
(There is no Home 9)
IndigoDragon
IndigoDragon

https://www.deviantart.com/dorune

Back to top Go down

Post by scorn53 Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Sorta agree about PPVs. Their match card needs to be filled with big events in big feuds. Not just primarily match ups made after prior one thread that was solely made to create said PPV match.

It wouldn't be fair to discourage whatever people want to do with characters and making them, whether its make the next champion or a one match jobber. Everything's done for a reason.

Profile templates should be available, but not enforced. There's Rp'ers on here that love making long complex profiles, and some who like the bare minimum facts.

Joining on the bandwagon of disliking #3, simply put; why would anyone feel the urge to put any passion or effort into writing for a match they were forced into. Or even replying at all.

#5, I'm sure the introductory threads to the site encourage looking records and rankings. Who can fairly judge that one characters story is more interesting than anothers, and hence would earn a higher rank?

scorn53

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:13 pm

scorn53 wrote:Joining on the bandwagon of disliking #3, simply put; why would anyone feel the urge to put any passion or effort into writing for a match they were forced into. Or even replying at all.

You can't, really. I half-assed the shit out of the thread I was made to do and honestly didn't give a damn about it.
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:33 pm

It would appear that we at AFW are all united, by our individualism and diversity.

Jake, keep coming up with stuff, seriously. Its awesome that you care enough to try and come up with things to improve the board, and its good that the board can come up with feedback.

Keep coming up with stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next