Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» SRW: Journey to the Lizard Folk Fighters!
by Old_Man_Tai Yesterday at 11:47 pm

» Reforging the Heart (For Yori)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» Senji Takijima - Stains of Time - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 5:43 am

Who is online?
In total there are 162 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 161 Guests :: 2 Bots

CrashTestDumbass

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Putting Down Roots

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Putting Down Roots - Page 2 Empty Re: Putting Down Roots

Post by Berial Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:36 am

…maaaaaybe she had been too quick to judge all of this.

Business was all about giving and taking, constantly assessing how much gain was to be had relative to the projected loss. Momentum currently needed every advantage that it had and having the chance to work much closer with one of its leading women could open up a lot of opportunities. Yes, there was quite an analytical approach one could take to Roman’s offer.

There was a bigger picture here that he seemed rather good at painting and any other General Manager would have grasped immediately.

Good thing Elizabeth was ignoring that completely. Her mind was still replaying that finishing blow Sabrina had landed in the last few seconds there. That way her opponent’s jaw wobbled; God, her punches must have landed like cinder blocks. Was that the kind of resilience the American underground leagues fostered? How much of that was pure talent and how much was muscle density? And where did she learn to execute the Detroit Style so flawlessly?

Elizabeths’ lips were curling into a long smile, unbeknownst to herself. Roman would surely take that as a good sign while the Welsh woman lost herself in daydreaming.

He should have led with this.

“Well now, you've got the gift of the gab if nothing else.” Thankfully for her, that wasn't all he had. Elizabeth took his hand from his side and shook it firmly. “Tell Sabrina I look forward to meeting with her after our match. As for you, we’ll send you the details tomorrow morning for you to finalize. I have a feeling you won’t be dissatisfied with how it all comes together."

Elizabeth withdrew and crossed her arms, only returning a knowing smile in his direction. The air bent and shifted suddenly. "Picking a fight with your boss on your first day, hm? I have no idea what it is your after with me, but either way, I sincerely hope that you're not, in fact, just talk, Roman."

Back to top Go down

Putting Down Roots - Page 2 Empty Re: Putting Down Roots

Post by Grievous77 Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:43 am

"Ohohoho! Now that's the kind of look I just love. That look that just screams, 'Yep, the gears are turning here and I've struck gold,' eh? I mean, it looks that way, but I think you've come across way too many benefits and no downsides, right?"

Simple intrigue was a strange way to go about testing someone's character, but Momentum had been dried up and lost for far too long until the recent changes. With a new head in place, especially someone who actually had their head straight about what boxing was about, meant that they could make waves and splashes all over Momentum and give this damn place some feeling. He had seen wrestling before, even tried it, but it was never something he enjoyed.

He tried to convince Sabrina, mostly because he thought it would be good if she 'branched' out.

She threw a knife at him.

Honestly, for someone who only knew the streets, and even told him she never threw knives, she had some damn impeccable aim missing his head. Well, either that or bad luck depending on how you perceived it.

"The gift of gab, a silver tongue, or the tongue of a bastard as some very angry women would most likely note...," he made sure to neglect the portion of that where those said women made sure to punish him for that whilst simultaneously complimenting him via his skills. When you knew how to use your tongue, you could do so many things!

And no, he didn't mean cheese tasting.

"I'll be sure to send her a text and give her the details. She might be a little grouchy, even curse every single moment, but she's a good girl despite what she might seem like. Hell, that gal's a rippling mountain of potential and she still hasn't realized it..." Roman paused for a moment before giving Elizabeth a brilliant thumbs up, whipping back his hand after shaking hands and sending the details to Sabrina already.

Of course, even as he worked on a text with one hand, his eyes snapped back up to Elizabeth and a twinge of amusement and genuine excitement flashed within his eyes. "I might be a lot of things, Elizabeth. A liar, a bastard, sometimes a no-good swindler, and sometimes someone who just tells people the truth half the time, but talk? If I was all talk, I'd never be standing before you today."

And after finishing up his text, he crossed his arms right back at her and stood straight. The man flashed her a brilliant grin and offered her nothing more than a saucy little wink.

"Well, I wouldn't be opposed to dinner, but honestly? Well, I just wanna see what you're made of... And see if you're all talk as well. Let's find out together, eh?"

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2