Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 6:25 am

» Saori Saito vs. Catherine Celestial (mid-show undercard)
by ARStudios2000 Today at 6:01 am

» Gyro Zeppeli vs Blanc and Noir - Cowboys and Bunnies
by Deus001 Fri May 10, 2024 10:59 pm

» Avalanche 2023: Tag Match: Daichi Kurozu/John Carnaby vs Koto-Chan/Adama Saadia
by Scourger X Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» Live To Serve (For Scourger)
by Scourger X Fri May 10, 2024 1:41 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 2 Bots

Cosmos

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Required Reading

+9
Alexandra
dlamp
LunarWolf
kerflubble
Cirno
TiefBlau
Bluemouse
Kitten
Old_Man_Tai
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Required Reading Empty Required Reading

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Im not back. But I couldnt resist the temptation to come here and lurk,reading up on recent events, the new SS, Friction, Tension, all the good stuff....and I thought of a few things that I felt people needed to read and be reminded off.

1.[url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoringInvincibleVillain:22jkjh4c]Boring Invincible Villian[/url:22jkjh4c]

2. [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoringInvincibleHero:22jkjh4c]Boring Invincible Hero[/url:22jkjh4c]

3. "See, our job isnt to get ourselves over, its to get our opponents over. If I go out and cut a promo saying a guy is trash, or I treat him in the ring like hes nobody, then the crowd will think he is nobody. Then if I win, who cares? I just beat nobody. If I lose, then what does that make me if I lost to nobody!? Thats why I always treated my oppoents with respect and remembered that in this buisness, everyone should be able to belivably beat everyone."-Mick Foley, not the full qoute.

4. "The era of the cool heel, the heels that want to recieve cheers for their actions and never be booed, are bad for buisness."-Mick Foley. This is a BIG pet peeve of mine. Seriously, if your playing a heel and expect/want/ have yourself get cheered for your actions, then you suck at being a heel. Not to mention the unfairness to your opponent. Your the heel AND your getting all the cheers? Why bother facing anyone if your crowd wont react to them? And yes, by crowd I mean both your fictional crowd, and those of us who "watch" your matches.

5. This is just a caution for those who enjoy doing multiple storylines on the board. Dont get a big head. I only mention it cause Ive seen issues like it before on a couple previous wrestling RP yahoo groups. Guys start doing long drawn out storylines, then start thinking that doing them makes them bigger or somehow better then the ones that dont, and thus, end up never wantin to face or lose to anyone that was "lesser" because they didnt do storylines. Just remember that your not bigger, your not better, and in the world of wrestling, which this RP exists in, everyone can lose to everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Required Reading Empty Re: Required Reading

Post by Kitten Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Interesting as a guideline, but there are always exceptions.

Angela is a villainess and she still will get cheered every single match because she is hot.

Required Reading 6u0iRWY
Required Reading QiougD6Required Reading TTlOMaFRequired Reading 5t0Q5s2Required Reading WBwz47u
Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:44 pm

I shouldve pointed out. Hentai matches have no faces, nor do they have heels. Everyone just cheers for the sex, no matter who it is.

A small, yet important, oversight on my part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Of course there are heels and faces in Hentai matches.

The innocent, shy girl/guy that doesn't 'lowers' her/himself to use 'dirty' sexual tactics is the face.

The naughty vampyress that sexualy harrases her innocent victim is the heel

it is getting old quickly but there you have it.

Required Reading 6u0iRWY
Required Reading QiougD6Required Reading TTlOMaFRequired Reading 5t0Q5s2Required Reading WBwz47u
Kitten
Kitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluemouse Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:17 pm

If your heel gets cheered because she's hot, it's because she hasn't given the crowd a reason to hate her that's bigger than her hotness. Of course, plenty of hot girls get booed, that's the way things work, until they show their breasts.

Bluemouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:18 pm

I completely disagree.

If your competing in a hentai match, theres nothing "innocent" about you anymore.

Nor can you "sexually harass" someone in a Hentai Match

Honestly, the fact that people try to have characters act innocently, or act above doing hentai things in hentai matches is just flat out bad rping. Your characters already in the damn match, so dont go about acting like their above or too pure for whatever type of sexual act is going to occur.

"Oh well my girl just does rubbing through clothing while disliking it."

Then why the hell did you/she accept the match? Character and story wise it makes no sense.

Also, It's hard to be innocent when you're having sex in front of a full audience on live TV

Back to top Go down

Post by TiefBlau Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Here's my view on it. We aren't pandering to a crowd to make business here. Each character is a real person here ...well real in a fictional world. Therefore I dont think anyone should be strictly categorized as a heel ir a face. It limits and it isnt lifelike. This isn't like everyone is buddies backstage and are different in the ring. This is assuming you're saying all this as guidelines for AFW.

TiefBlau

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:26 pm

[quote="Bluemouse":2qbx30x1]If your heel gets cheered because she's hot, it's because she hasn't given the crowd a reason to hate her that's bigger than her hotness. Of course, plenty of hot girls get booed, that's the way things work, until they show their breasts.

Thats called being a bad heel.

Which is differnt then the worst offence, the "Cool Heel"

The heel that acts like a heel but gets cheered by everyone. Its an abboration, its disrespectful to your opponent, and it makes no sense. The Cool Heel fails as a heel, because they have 0 heat and nobody boos them, but they fail as a face, because they work as a heel and nobody actually likes THEM, just the moves they do. It also gives the faceopponent with NO crowd reaction to work off of. the face cant get cheered nor get booed. So its like your saying: "The crowd simply doesnt care about the face opponent and is ignoring them to focus on the cool heel". Which is occuring here more often then I care to admit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirno Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:45 pm

We really need to make that invisible crowd like us.

Middle Weight:
Raiye Amikura
Kagura Rine

Kawaii:
Cerbera Kashnakov
Cirno
Cirno

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm

[quote="TiefBlau":2simk2nx]Here's my view on it. We aren't pandering to a crowd to make business here. Each character is a real person here ...well real in a fictional world. Therefore I dont think anyone should be strictly categorized as a heel ir a face. It limits and it isnt lifelike. This isn't like everyone is buddies backstage and are different in the ring. This is assuming you're saying all this as guidelines for AFW.

Your right and wrong. We arent pandering to a crowd. However, Our characters ARE pandering to a crowd. More important then that, we are pandering to each otherin our rps.

Perfect example. The recent Friction Title match on Summer Splash.

Darius belittled his opponent from the very start of the match, with his words, and Sarahs actions.

What was the point of the match then? It was a title match and, instead of taking it seriously, as a match between champion and contender, it was treated as a glorified squash match. Normally this wouldnt matter. Except people seem to forget that AFW is still a wrestling RP. Therefore, the characters in the rp should care about wrestling and to hold the big title should be one of each characters main goals. If Angel was such a weak and worthless contender that Sarah didnt even know about her match with Akashi or how it ended, then what was the point of the match? What was the point of the title match between Akashi and Angel? Whats the point of any title reign, or even having titles if the characters holding them arent going to treat them with respect or treat title class challengers as jobbers? Not that we havent had our share of worthless champions, but still. It makes the opponent and the title look worthless. If the belt and contenders are going to look worthless, then why bother having them?

And Cirno,I usually like you, but your sarcasm is not welcome here. You have one of the biggest Mary Sues on the entire board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next