Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A helping hand? (feat. Dirk Lewser)
by CrashTestDumbass Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Anna Sigrid(Snow)
by APlaying Yesterday at 11:07 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Yesterday at 10:27 pm

» No Pains, No Gains! (for TheLoneWanderer)
by TheLoneWanderer Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» Cyber Saturday 2023 - Shinobu vs. Alizeh
by LilyStar Yesterday at 9:55 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 71 Guests :: 3 Bots

Lobo

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

Tension/MvM/MvF

Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 am by TheLoneWanderer

As a first outing for this rebooted account, I'd like to engage some opponent in a matroom, or something equivalent, with a focus on BJJ, Catch Wrestling, MMA, etc. It can range from actual training (preferably of the character I play but I can do yours even if I'd like further teaching for BJJ.) to an extreme match. Either way, message me if you wanna bite. While I do like femdom and all that, I will do my best to treat any participants equally.

You can pick either Senji or Hiroyuki but I'm …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

Required Reading

+9
Alexandra
dlamp
LunarWolf
kerflubble
Cirno
TiefBlau
Bluemouse
Kitten
Old_Man_Tai
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Required Reading - Page 6 Empty Re: Required Reading

Post by kerflubble Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 pm

[quote="Alexandra":k4575g9f]Wait just a gosh-darned minute here. Now I haven't actually watched wrestling in years, save for Youtubing a match here or there, but something just caught my eye...

JBL, Mark Henry: they were better heels. JBL had the long ass reign but at no point did he look unbeatable and that there was no consequences in his future. When he did pull out victory there was always some greater cost or screwiness that exacerbated the "Someone kick his ass!" factor while at no point diminishing the possibility that they could.

Mark was just a straight up monster as champ, there was an aura of panic: he had just beaten Orton clean twice in a row, he was going out of his way to just injure people, but there was still the glimmer of hope.

We're not talking about Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry, are we? The Mark Henry that seduced Mae Young, right?

It's the same guy, but as World Heavywieght Champion he was the scariest motherfucker in the company. They took a chance when they wanted a monster heel and Mizark was there, and shined.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Wow. I'm going to have to Youtube that shit. I can barely believe it. o_O
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Alex: Mark Henry got the belt for the same reason Kane did back in 2010, as a pat on the back for over 10 years of working in the company. Sure, Henry had, for a couple years before that, been getting good reaction as a face and had some decent matches. But once he had the main event push and the belt? He worked his fucking ass off and put on a damn good show. His heel run was one of the best in recent memory and its a damn shame he was dropped to mid card status when it ended. Id love to see it again. Mark Henry was an example of how a Superman champ SHOULD be. Big, Scary, Destructive, but rather then be beaten only by one just like him, he could be beaten by someone smarter, or faster instead. Also, he gave Big Show the mans best matches since the Lesnar days.

Tief: You and I seem to be polar opposites on everything wrestling related, but I like that. The issue I had with Triple H's heel reign is that at no point did you think he was going to lose. Yes, Ive heard your point that nobody could take the belt off him at the time, except Booker T, but thats besides the point. At no point did it ever seem or feel like Triple H ever was going to lose the belt. Nash, the god awful Scott Steiner, Booker T, Elimination Chamber, NONE of it ever made it seem like H was going to lose. Not to mention his reactions were just as insulting as the kind I mentioned earlier in this thread. He belittled opponents, tore them down, treated them as if they were nothing....and then he beat them. The Wrestlemania 19 issue is why it took 3 more years for Booker to get a world title. He made his opponents look like nothing, and the crowd stopped caring. On top of that, he never got the commupence he deserved. Goldberg beat him, only to lose two months later. Triple H dominated from 2003-2005 so much that, during the 2004-5 vacated title angle, with the third elimination chamber, they never even took H's name off the title. It wasnt until Batista came in that Triple H finally got what was coming to them, and by that point, people didnt care nearly as much as they used to. Plus his hair looked stupid in 2003. JBL was a far better heel champ in the effect that he still retained for nearly a year, but his opponents never looked weak after losing to him. Plus he was more entertaining then Trips was during that time. As for Daniel Bryan. He's great, but I kinda see your point, though Im pretty sure the only current era wrestler you actually like is Cody Rhodes. For damn good reasons too.

Flubby: Your crazy. Big Show-Angle-Lesnar fued from 2003 was fucking EPIC. Their Triple Threat match from Vengance 2003 was one of the best matches of that year...though Im sure Tief will say it was nothing special and any random 3 goombas could have done it.

Last edited by 143 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by kerflubble Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:22 pm

yeah yeah, it was good. I'm not denying that it was great, I'm just saying I hated the heels, but I still watched. I hated HHH but I changed channel.

Tina Armstrong (Face) Blue-Eyed Superstar
Yelena Turova (Face) Crushing Powerhouse
Pantha (Face) Pride of the Jungle
Anna Silver (Face) Ardent Angel
The Green Empire The Empress & Imperial Guard.
Mara Jingfei (Face) Amethyst Dancer
kerflubble
kerflubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Giant angry black man = Ratingz

And yes, its a little bit strange that the same guy who was sexual choclate was one of the best heavyweight champions in the last year. But he brought the things to the table Heels or wrestlers in general are lacking or missing entirely: Intensity or class.

Even If you thought that Hogan or Austin were dominant and horrendous to endure, at least Hogan always had Intensity(Hulkamania) or Class(Hollywood Hogan). Hogan vs. Rock was nothing but epic, Fans loved Hogan so much that WWE was forced to turn him babyface after or rather in the match, although he was probably the biggest heel and then biggest babyface of them all in one person, the fallen hero who returned to the good side. Even when he returned to Smackdown, people went apeshit for him, biggest standing ovation ever, so great that he even broke kayfabe midshow and cried.

Just make the comparison(golden Age was PG, today is PG): Hogan vs. Cena, Savage vs CM Punk(pick of the litter), Hitman vs Bryan(entertaining with YES), Rick Rude vs. Cody Rhodes, Warrior vs Sheamus, AdR vs. Million Dollar Man, Swagger vs. Slaughter. There aren't superstars even remotely near Jake Roberts, LoD or Demolition, and the trousers and toothpick of Rick Rude and Hall had more machismo than pretty Boys Ziggler or Otunga. Not their fault, not PG fault, their just booked mundane. Even Morrison could have been great with a manager, but no, he gets a shirt stating that he will steal your lunch...
I fear that Edge was the last real Superstar of WWE, although Damian Sandow and maybe Rhodes have a hint of greatness like Rick Martel had. The guy that I enjoy the most in a WWE show at the moment is Heath Slater, and that's really sad.

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Old_Man_Tai Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Cody Rhodes, ADR, and Ziggles are going places. Future main eventers.

Punk and Bryan will be done within 10 years sadly.

I really miss Edge. We didnt know what we had until it was gone.

However, I will shed tears on the day that Undertaker officially retires once and for all. For me, that will be the day my era of wrestling ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harrier Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 pm

I had always hopes for a Ziggler/Kingston Breakthrough after their smackdown rivalry, but right now I think it will never happen. Ziggler was the aggressive, foaming heel I liked to see, despite being rather small for a wrestler and Kofi the likeable babyface. Now one is a goof with a twisted sense of fashion who is in the midcard going nowhere with a strange partner, and the other is Kofi Kingston...

AdR(who is said to be awesome as face, wonder what they have injected him to make him so painfully bland) is as boring as they come, but has managed to entertain me a few times at least:
*In his vignettes for next MitB
*Getting his Ass kicked by Edge and Christian
*clapping when the shirt was thrown back at Cena

Rhodes is just meh to me, but I don't switch the channel when he is around. Marked when Big Show nearly killed him at WM and mocked him with it. Had his chance, did rather well, but WWE blew it for Sheamus.

The next forced Champ is probably Ryback, or Roidback as I have often read and heartily laughed. Even more boring than AdR, if this guy is the next Goldberg or Warrior, I don't know...

Kelly "Pony" Flowers(Kawaii)
Anja the Raven
Amaya the Maiko(Kawaii)
Senior Officer Ise
Gina "the Brat" Lees

Blog:
Blog and Flock
Harrier
Harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 am

This is slightly off-topic, but...I would probably start watching wrestling again if every episode ended like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04CJoZ7ruU

Last edited by 549 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6