by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Hiroyuki Takijima - Dragon in a Cage - Reboot
by TheLoneWanderer Today at 7:52 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Panther Risako vs Ellie St. James
by Underdog21 Today at 5:43 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Kairi Kamiya vs. Elizabeth "Riza" Hawkeye
by Yori Today at 1:11 am

Who is online?
In total there are 160 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 160 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 0

Please No Flame Me T.T I only wants to see the Possibilities

4 posters

Go down

Please No Flame Me T.T I only wants to see the Possibilities Empty Please No Flame Me T.T I only wants to see the Possibilities

Post by mnpinner Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:19 am

All righty...I mainly am doing this cause I hads a bathroom epiphany. I know there are plenty of people out there...especially possibly from this site that may sort of flinch to punch somebody at the idea...but...:
Who, in all honesty would be interested in the possibility of a text-based Pokemon RP?
I myself am a die-hard fan of 2nd-most grossing franchise of videogames and have at least 1 game from each generation. My thoughts are to make an RP system based around elements of the anime and manga, equipped with storyline and everything...but at the same time may incorporate some of the online system of the recent generation. For those without a DS or the desire to play the recent games, a system of aid would be instilled where the member would have a fellow member as a medium through which they could do their battling and such. I know this is a curveball of sorts to through onto this site's community as a question, but I'm just trying to get the general feel for how some people may think this would go down. Thankies for your time and hope to be back to RPing as soon as this whole job/school debacle is figured out.

Back to top Go down

Please No Flame Me T.T I only wants to see the Possibilities Empty Re: Please No Flame Me T.T I only wants to see the Possibilities

Post by MosesGal Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:22 am

Pokemon battle RPing, you mean? Sounds interesting. If so, what if somone had a LV80 Wobbufett who sits there and counters everything all day? Sounds a little unfair, doesn't it? You'd have to organize some rules to that.

Last edited by 1089 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

MosesGal

Back to top Go down

Please No Flame Me T.T I only wants to see the Possibilities Empty Re: Please No Flame Me T.T I only wants to see the Possibilities

Post by mnpinner Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Well for the fairness and in a sort of anime-type idea...all of them would be leveled to lvl 50 so that essentially level doesn't play a factor, but rather the movesets, stats, etc. matter more (kinda like how in the anime, no matter what gym you go to, Ash's Pikachu can be lvl 85 for all we know, but he's facing Clair's lvl 45 Dragonair, which just murders Pikachu, essentially having lvl being "negligible." Evolutions on the other hand would have to be RPed with some sort of system that reflects a hybrid of anime/game/manga physics, where obviously mid-battle (aside from wild battles) evolution is out of the question, but is based on some experience system.
Granted (going back to the level battling situation) if there is a desire from both (or all 4) parties to allow for alternate battle settings, it can be done, but gym battles should be standardized with some system. It was really just something I thought of on the fly last night, so the specifics aren't quite there yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Lemme see what you come up with first, then I can give you a more definate answer. :)
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by luffy316 Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:58 pm

had a loose idea myself and i know 4chan had some pretty stable rules for a pen and paper rpg rather than just battle rps... basically takes a shitload of statting, but sounded fun. too bad i don't know so much on pokemon beyond gold/silver

luffy316

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:51 am

[quote="luffy316":r8rdrr3v]had a loose idea myself and i know 4chan had some pretty stable rules for a pen and paper rpg rather than just battle rps... basically takes a shitload of statting, but sounded fun. too bad i don't know so much on pokemon beyond gold/silver

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures. I've heard it's a damn solid system, but I haven't gotten to try it out myself yet.

I was thinking something more freeform myself thought, like what we do with wrestling matches.

EDIT: I'm sure we could put something up in the Alt. Arena. Maybe a test battle if someone was up to it? I wouldn't mind that myself.

Last edited by 549 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by mnpinner Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:40 am

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures?

And Luffy...I would want to gear it to be something for fans of all generations, whether somebody stopped with red/blue/yellow/(green) or gold/silver/crystal and so on. Basically as far as stats go, that may be something of a challenge of a system, especially if the pokemon get based on the games themselves (as in, you use a squirtle from your SoulSilver version and its stats would be reduced/raised to its level 50 equivalent, that would be a difficult thing to consider. Once again, something that would have to be worked out in the kinks.

Alex, if you have a DS and one of the games to go with it, I'd be up for trying it out. Basically the idea would be to have a battle via the wi-fi system and then RP it out how it happens. So one option could be to just do the battle and have the vs recorder record it, then base an RP off of that, or battle turn-by-turn, having the RP be done as it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:29 am

[quote="mnpinner":2x9rmgq0]Alex, if you have a DS and one of the games to go with it, I'd be up for trying it out. Basically the idea would be to have a battle via the wi-fi system and then RP it out how it happens. So one option could be to just do the battle and have the vs recorder record it, then base an RP off of that, or battle turn-by-turn, having the RP be done as it goes.

Oooh....didn't mean you meant like that. I would probably have to pass then, cause I don't have a team that's ready for competitive battling at all, and it's a pain in the ass to raise one, so. ^^;
Alexandra
Alexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by mnpinner Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 am

lol don't worry about the idea of competitive battling...I don't have a competitive team, although I've got some outlined in theory, but like you said..thats a pain in the ass (especially when you don't run on action replays and other cheat devices)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down