Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dirk Lewser Vs. Erina Stallone II
by CrashTestDumbass Today at 3:58 am

» Cyber Saturday 2024 - Lady Torment vs. Renegade
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 3:14 am

» Zebra Woman vs. Renegade Steinhauser - Big Bertha vs. Little Rogue
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 3:11 am

» (-PROMO-) Zebra Woman's New Vegetable (Feat. Maria Cacti)
by ReneeCockyUndercard Today at 3:08 am

» Live To Serve (For Scourger)
by Deus001 Today at 12:04 am

Who is online?
In total there are 103 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 103 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 418 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am
Champions & #1 contenders

FRICTION

Friction World Champion
Rebecca Tomko
#1 contender
???

Tag Team Champions
Helldozer
#1 contender
???

Hardcore 24/7 Champion
Yona "The Graceful Undead" Giovanni
#1 contender
???

Hentai Champion
Bianca Garcia
#1 contender
???

Entropy Champion
Panther Risako
#1 contender
Ellie St. James

Rising Star Champion
Piper Sherwood
#1 contender
???

TENSION  

Tension World Champion
Sierra Oasis
#1 contender
???

Nekketsu Champion
Iris Takahashi
#1 contender
Giovanni "Gyro" Zeppeli

All of blade/speranza wreslters

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:00 am by Blade/speranza

Comments: 1

The Paladin's "date"

2 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Paladin's "date" - Page 4 Empty Re: The Paladin's "date"

Post by Hallian Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:35 pm

"No thanks." He said. "I just tend to go through my food quickly without noticing." he held out his arms about 6 inches away from his side. "I used to be this big around. No surprise considering my eating habits. Good thing I am no longer contributing to the fat American stereotype. I don't like sumo wrestling." He then relaxed in his chair. "So tell me about your brother if you don't mind.

Hallian

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:07 pm

"Suit yourself." she said with a shrug, eating the shrimp herself. And she then couldn't help but laugh as Michael told her how large his stomach used to be. "Oh my. Well, to say you've clearly come a long way since then is quite an understatement."

When the question of her brother arose, Mariko thought for a moment before answering. "Hmm… Well, he's an energetic, fun-loving guy with a giant heart." she said with a chuckle. "He's… still got some improving to do in the ring. He's not awful. I mean, we work really well as a tag team. But he's clumsy, and he lacks technique. He's very strong for his size, but he needs someone to show him how to use that strength properly in a match."

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallian Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:42 pm

"I can see why. There was a quote I liked from one of the CoD games. 'Sure it matters who's got the bigger stick, but it matters a helluva lot more who's swinging it.' The thing is I am not as strong as you'd expect from our fight. I just remember what I learned in High school physics.

But it does seem like I would like him. In fact, I think he may just be an unskilled version of me. The giant heart thing definitely fits. I definitely picked up the good stuff from the south and left the bad. Lots of southern hospitality and faith and no racism."
He then realised something. She wasn't an American. She might not even know what the southern stereotype was, much less what the actual tendencies and culture was.

Hallian

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:11 am

Mariko listened as Michael spoke, and couldn’t help but give a soft giggle as he talked about “the south” as if they were both American. She got the general gist of what he meant, though she wasn’t very familiar with the various regional cultures in America.

“Like you, huh?” she said, giggling again while taking another drink from her glass of wine. “You’re both good guys, but I’d say there’s plenty of differences too. For example, he’s usually more wound up and energetic, but you seem much more comfortable around women. And you actually have an understanding of physics and how to use it in matches, while Yamato-kun’s the type who just keeps hitting something as hard as he can until it finally falls down.” Not that there was anything wrong with either Yamato or Michael for those differences, of course. Those were just parts of what made them who they were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallian Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:09 am

"I see." he said. "Oh, it just dawned on me. Here I am talking about southern hospitality and all that as if you know a thing about American subculture. I should probably stop. But anyway, he seems like a nice guy. Must be nice to have a brother like that."

Hallian

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:24 am

"You calling me uneducated or something?" she replied jokingly, giving another light chuckle. "But yeah, it is. Would never have made it to where I am today without him."

Her mind dwelled on her brother for a moment longer, until a different topic came to mind. "So what's America like, anyway? I've seen pictures, movies and things like that. But I've never actually been there before."

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallian Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:34 am

"Well, stereotypes aside, it's just what you would think. High standard of living and all of that. The main thing that truly defines us is that we are basically 50 mini-countries in one. When it comes down to it, it's more like 4. I am from South Carolina. One of the 50 states. It's one of the southern states. Texas is one you probably heard of. The South's reputation is at best warm and friendly, worst is racist and religiously zealous. You got the North, Midwest, and the Pacific states as well."

Hallian

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Mariko listened as Michael “educated” her about the United States. She knew it consisted of 50 states, thou she most likely couldn’t name many of them. Though he was right in guessing Texas was one of the few she knew. “I see. And what’s different between South Carolina and states from the other regions?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallian Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:49 pm

"Well" Michael continued. He wasn't sure on how to explain it other than simply. "Short answer: Politics. Long answer: Each state defines its own laws within in its borders, so long as said laws to contradict the US constitution and the Federal government. In South Carolina, for example, would be able to prohibit alcohol within it's own borders, but it cannot make gay marriage illegal since it is recognised on a federal level as legal. There's a lot more to it, but that's the gist of it. Basically, the hierarchy of government goes Constitution to federal to state to county to city. Those 4 regions I told you about are more of a geographic and cultural thing."

Hallian

Back to top Go down

Post by LARIATO Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:37 pm

"So basically, aside from differences in laws from state to state, they're pretty similar places then, right? Interesting." Mariko wasn’t interested at all in politics, but the idea that there were only minor differences among different places in such a large country was surprising to her.

She’d heard and seen numerous stereotypes about Americans, yet her first impression of every American she’d met had been at least. The man who defeated her in her debut had a rather noticeable accent, but other than that seemed much like any other normal person. That got her wondering how others viewed people in Japan, specifically herself. “Michael, what was your first impression of me when we first met in the ring? I don’t just mean as far as my appearance, and you don’t have to worry about offending me. I’m just curious.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next